Installing 10.2.4 from 10.1.5

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by macman2022, Mar 25, 2003.

1. macman2022 macrumors newbie

Has anyone ran into this problem?

I updated to 10.2 from 10.1.5. The installation went fine. I restarted; it booted in 10.2 and but when Classic started (automatically) it just gave me the smiley face, disappeared and when into a loop. I never booted to 10.2 fully.

I ended up booting from an OS9 CD, removed everything related to 10.2 and reinstalled 10.1.5 until I can figure out with the problem is.

Thanx

macman2022

2. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Didn't safe-boot help? Maybe you could have turned automatic Classic boot off, and tried to isolate the problem....
    Good luck next time.

3. VegetaPunk macrumors 6502

Umm I think that has happened to me a few times, it started up into OS 9 for no reason after an upgrade, but I just went to changed the startup drive back to OS X and booted up fine, if you tried this that it didnt work let us know..

It might have just needed that *shrugs sholders*

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I noticed that I had to install 10.1.x a few times for the thing to get it right. I wouldn't be surprised if your situation was that the 10.1.x installation was missing something and the 10.2 upgrade didn't find it and didn't fix it.

You might try installing 10.2 up to 3 times. You shouldn't have to do it, but...you might try it.