Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

downingp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
I am having a problem installing a printer on XP within parallels. I am using the bonjour setup wizard to install the printer. When I use the setup, I am able to see the printer and go through the necessary steps to set it up. When I choose to finish the install windows tells me I don't have permission to install the printer.
How do I change the permissions so I can install the printer?

thanks.

gunpowda

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2004
Exactly the same problem, and it's killing me. Bonjour gives me that error.

I've tried browsing to the printer manually, and connecting to it. This sometimes works. In particular, I can print test pages, but nothing else.

This must be a Leopard/HP/Parallels problem.

yakpak

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2009
Massachusetts
I am having a problem installing a printer on XP within parallels. I am using the bonjour setup wizard to install the printer. When I use the setup, I am able to see the printer and go through the necessary steps to set it up. When I choose to finish the install windows tells me I don't have permission to install the printer.
How do I change the permissions so I can install the printer?

thanks.

I had the same problem, I can at least print, but I need to select the printer each time I turn on my MAC. If you still have the parallels manual go to page 178. that might help you.

If you figure out how to get the printer to be recognized each time to turn it on, let me know.

When parallels is minimized and you see the icons on the bottom right, pick the usb icon and check mark the printer if it's there.

Good luck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.