installing a single app without syncing?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by txr0ckabilly, Jul 21, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

how do i need to set up iTunes so that when i hook up my phone i can just install one app. do i have to have it set to sync all apps to install just one?

is there a way to manually install just one app?

2. macrumors 603

marksman

The easiest way to install one app is to do it wirelessly. That is how I install all my apps. I used to do them through the store, but got used to doing it wirelessly, and now they just sync up when I plug it in to iTunes.

It is a bit convuluted to just install one app, because you do have to manually deselect all the other applications and then if any other are on the device it erases them.

Just go straight to the app store from the iPhone and install it that way.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

well i'm a bit to far gone for that now since i already spent .99 on the app and installed it on my machine. how can i just install that one on my iphone. i kind of have all my wife's apps on the machine here at the house and my apps are on my pc at work.

can i email the file from my pc at work to my machine at home (remote desktop) or vice versa, and just add it to my apps library?

thanks

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

well i figured out the easiest way so i wanted to post it here in case no one else knows it.

if you buy an app on your pc or mac through itunes, then just log into the appstore on your iphone, find the app, click "buy now", it will give you a message saying you have already purchased it and ask if you want to download it again for free. tap yes and it's downloaded again wirelessly.

i love my iLife more and more each day.