Installing Aperture -I need a workaround for the hardware requirements

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by astockglausner, Dec 8, 2005.

1. astockglausner macrumors newbie

I have a G5 with a 1.6 ghz processor. Aperture wont let me install it because I need a 1.8. Does anyone know a hack around that requirement? I have 3 gigs of RAM so I think it will run fine. Also, what graphics card should I upgrade to? What is the standard one that came with the 1.6ghx G5?

Thanks,

Andy

2. icloud macrumors 6502

BAD ANDY...THAT IS WRONG

pm me...might just make your day :cool:

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Meh, it's not wrong. Just post it here and help out everyone who has a 1.6 G5 of some sort.

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

According to the system requirements, it'll run on a 1.25 GHz G4, but not a 1.6 GHz G5 :confused:

5. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

Well I think they are really going for is the GFX card, the 1.6Ghz G5 only had a FX 5200 while the system requirements for the 1.25Ghz G4 is for the powerbook with a ATI 9700 mobile. From playing with aperture at the apple store aperture needs a really great gpu since core image needs a great gpu for real time.

if he wants to install apature still, he can just use pacifist and manually install or i bet icloud will send him the installation fix which gets rid of the pkg requirements.

6. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

So you're saying (Abstract) that if I were to have a hack that allows the already legally purchased program to be loaded on slower machines, it would be alright to post a link here? I actually have used it to install Aperture on my iBook, and can verify that it works just fine and doesn't mess with anything else on your Mac.

7. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

If you can make sure that the hack doesn't include the entire Aperture binary, and it doesn't do anything like bypass serial number checks, Apple aren't likely to care. There's no way they'll support a version patched like that, but that's another story.

8. rjphoto macrumors 6502a

rjphoto

Think it would work with an eMac 1.25???

Anyone try this yet?

9. mcmadhatter macrumors 6502

mcmadhatter

Works on my ibook 1.4, I'll have to unload it from my ibook though as soon as i get my new imac as i only purchased 1 copy

10. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

This is a case where as long as hacks don't involve piracy, they'll mean more money for Apple. Of course there is the argument that Apple doesn't want people having a bad experience with their software, giving them a bad reputation, but the people who will be doing these hacks are likely to be the kind of people who will understand when the software doesn't work as well as it might on a supported machine.

11. jamdr macrumors 6502a

jamdr

But I'd be willing to bet that the original poster didn't buy the program. It seems fairly obvious to me that he is using a pirated copy--who would spend so much money on a program their computer doesn't even support?

12. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Alright, I found the CPU hack that I used for my copy of Aperture. Unfortunately, it also included the serial-bypass-thing, so I removed that part of the program both from the .dmg and from the instructions. Included are the remainder of the instructions and the program that bypasses the machine check. Please let me know if this works, as I didn't feel like reinstalling my copy of the program just to check.

Find it Here!

13. astockglausner thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually, I did buy it

I did buy the program but didn't pay attention to the minumum requirements. I'm trying the hack in a few minutes. I'm going to upgrade my grx card today, any recommendations?

Thanks,

Andy

14. fyabug macrumors newbie

Hi the link did not work can you post it again thanks