Installing Caminicon - Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mileslong, Aug 27, 2005.

1. mileslong macrumors 6502

mileslong

okay im not a complete dumba$$ but i have tried three times to try and change the icons sets in my camino with this application but i keep getting this error message.

cp: /Applications/Contents/MacOS/res/html: No such file or directory (1)

can someone please tell me step by step how to correctly install this program? there could be nice parting gifts for your assistance.

thanks!

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Okay, look at this part. I haven't used the application, but the reason the script isn't working is because this is clearly wrong -- it should be something more like:

/Applications/Camino.app/Contents/MacOS/res/html

Is there a step where you have to identify for the script where your copy of Camino is?

3. mileslong thread starter macrumors 6502

mileslong

thanks mkrishan, you always respond and i appreciate that. here is what the instructions say to do, but i cant seem to do it properly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installation

Simply copy the distribution folder to a location of your choice. If this is your first installation of CaminIcon, the application will automatically move the "CaminIcon" folder containing the "Themes" folder to the "Application Support" folder in your home directory's "Library" folder when you first run it.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here is more:

Preferences Tab

CaminIcon saves and reads preference settings using a plist file located in the user's home directory (~/Library/Preferences/CaminIcon.plist). The following preferences can be set:

• Startup Tab: Sets the default tab when CaminIcon is opened

• After Theme Installation: Specifies the action following installation

• Copy Individual Icons Into: Specifies the destination to which icons are copied when clicked

• When Quitting: Option to start Camino on quitting CaminIcon

• Enable Version Check For: Option to have CaminIcon check for application and/or theme updates. If enabled, CaminIcon will attempt to contact the website at startup to obtain the version information and offer to download any updated versions of CaminIcon or icon themes. If you prefer to do this manually, the buttons labeled "Check Now" will perform the same function when clicked. Note that the interface of CaminIcon is unresponsive during the version check and if the .Mac servers are busy or not responding, the application may appear frozen. In this case, you can abort the version by typing Command+. (Command+period).

• Download: This setting determines how CaminIcon handles the download of new versions. Note that CaminIcon will auto-install new or updated themes directly into the Themes folder and make them available for immediate use only if you let CaminIcon handle the download internally. If you choose to download themes via browser, you will have to manually transfer the themes. Also note that any new version of CaminIcon itself will be downloaded to the desktop even if it downloaded internally. You will have to move the application to the desired location on your disk manually.

• Camino Path: Here you can set or clear the path to Camino

Options

Customizing CaminIcon

Themes: CaminIcon expects to find a "Themes" folder located inside a folder called "CaminIcon". This "CaminIcon" folder needs to be in the "Application Support" folder of your home directory (i.e. ~/Library/Application Support/CaminIcon).

If you create your own themes, you can add them to the "Themes" folder and they will appear in CaminIcon's popup menu.

4. mileslong thread starter macrumors 6502

mileslong

well i have played around with it a bit and figured it out. it only takes me four times longer than normal humans i guess. thanks anyway mkhrishan, your services will be needed again i promise.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

LOL, well, I'll be happy to oblige when you need it. ;) What was wrong in what you were doing, in case someone else has the problem?

6. mileslong thread starter macrumors 6502

mileslong

to be perfectly honest i dont know what i did this time. before i was manually moving the folders around and this time i just let the program put it where it wanted. i did things in a different order this time and it just worked, cant explain it. just trial and error like everything else i do :(