Installing FC Studio Twice???

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by benwa02, Dec 13, 2005.

1. benwa02 macrumors 6502

Dec 6, 2004
    I am planning on getting Final Cut Studio (v.EDU) but I am wondering if I could install it on 2 machines. I have a PM at home and an ibook that I take to school and want to know if I will have a problem installing it the second time.

Anyone know about this??

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

Jul 28, 2003
    Citizens Bank Park
    We just purchased a few copies for our lab at school. You can get a copy of it at a discount, but that copy is only licensed for one computer. If you purchase multiple licenses, you get even more of a discount per license. I think you need at least 5 copies before you get that 2nd discount though.
  3. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

Jun 29, 2004
    You'll have no problems installing it. However, it's illegal under the EULA.
  4. ITASOR macrumors 601

Mar 20, 2005
    Oneida, NY
    I don't it's worth installing on the iBook anyway. It'll run pretty slow. :(
  5. benwa02 thread starter macrumors 6502

Dec 6, 2004
    Ya I know ill be noticing the difference from my PM to the ibook. But just wanted to know if the software would realize somehow that its the 2nd installation and ask me for a new serial key or something.

It would just be nice to bring my work with me and use a Mac with FC instead of a PC with Premiere.
  6. madd lock macrumors newbie

Dec 3, 2005
    I'm in the same boat as you...I have a Dual 2.0 G5 at work and I just installed the final cut express HD in it, but I also have a powerbook that I'm just itching to install it on there as well...I'm on the go most of the time, and this would be very conveinent for me...
  7. benwa02 thread starter macrumors 6502

Dec 6, 2004
    Let me know how that works out.