Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benwa02

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
I am planning on getting Final Cut Studio (v.EDU) but I am wondering if I could install it on 2 machines. I have a PM at home and an ibook that I take to school and want to know if I will have a problem installing it the second time.

Anyone know about this??

Thanks.

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
We just purchased a few copies for our lab at school. You can get a copy of it at a discount, but that copy is only licensed for one computer. If you purchase multiple licenses, you get even more of a discount per license. I think you need at least 5 copies before you get that 2nd discount though.

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
benwa02 said:
I am planning on getting Final Cut Studio (v.EDU) but I am wondering if I could install it on 2 machines. I have a PM at home and an ibook that I take to school and want to know if I will have a problem installing it the second time.

Anyone know about this??

Thanks.
You'll have no problems installing it. However, it's illegal under the EULA.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
I don't it's worth installing on the iBook anyway. It'll run pretty slow. :(

benwa02

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
ITASOR said:
I don't it's worth installing on the iBook anyway. It'll run pretty slow. :(

Ya I know ill be noticing the difference from my PM to the ibook. But just wanted to know if the software would realize somehow that its the 2nd installation and ask me for a new serial key or something.

It would just be nice to bring my work with me and use a Mac with FC instead of a PC with Premiere.

madd lock

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2005
I'm in the same boat as you...I have a Dual 2.0 G5 at work and I just installed the final cut express HD in it, but I also have a powerbook that I'm just itching to install it on there as well...I'm on the go most of the time, and this would be very conveinent for me...

benwa02

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
madd lock said:
I'm in the same boat as you...I have a Dual 2.0 G5 at work and I just installed the final cut express HD in it, but I also have a powerbook that I'm just itching to install it on there as well...I'm on the go most of the time, and this would be very conveinent for me...

Let me know how that works out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.