Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NickHunt7

macrumors member
Original poster
May 11, 2016
Cape Town, South Africa
So have a random question which I'm pretty sure I know the answer to.

I want to install the public Beta on my phone because I'm just a slight bit impatient and also the recent update actually looks rather stable and usable on a main device.

I will of course backup my device but I'm assuming that once public if I use it until the final version gets released and I update it there shouldn't be any problems/loss of photos, videos etc?

I'm pretty sure there won't be but would rather be safe and find out before doing the upgrade

Channan

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2012
New Orleans
The betas have been stable for a while. I got in on beta 2 or 3. Can't remember, but it was awful. There were so many little bugs that didn't make the iPad unusable, but it was extremely annoying sometimes. The first update I got made it much better, but there was a bug that caused SpringBoard to crash every now and then when clicking on an incoming notification. Every beta after that has been great. There was a dock issue at one point, but that was merely cosmetic.

Anyway, to answer your question, your assumption is correct. You won't lose any data upgrading to the beta and then again to the final public release.

Reactions: NickHunt7

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Thanks for the heads up though
yeah still lasts you most of the day depending on what you are doing. In standby I have found it to be fine however seems to drain quite abit faster as normal when using the device for example.

worth downloading though to try

NickHunt7

macrumors member
Original poster
May 11, 2016
Cape Town, South Africa
yeah still lasts you most of the day depending on what you are doing. In standby I have found it to be fine however seems to drain quite abit faster as normal when using the device for example.

Yeah think I'll download it a bit later and then keep it until the official comes out

Hype-149

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC

I would guess a lot of has to do with Apps not optimized for iOS 10. Once those get released I would expect to see Battery life to improve in that regard.

Reactions: NickHunt7

Reno Raines

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2015
The latest public data 7 has killed my battery life. Same with a co worker. Drains 15%-20% an hour with no use.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The latest public data 7 has killed my battery life. Same with a co worker. Drains 15%-20% an hour with no use.
Sounds like something is stuck or doing something. Have you tried restarting? Resetting all settings? Restoring?

Reactions: ABC5S

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
Cell reception seems weaker to me and I'm not sure Touch ID is working right on my 6s Plus.

Apparently 'Touch' ID now requires you to press the home button. SO stupid!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.