Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

birdking

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2002
North Carolina
I am having a problem installing Itunes 4. I am using a old iMac 600mhz crt machine with 320 megs of ram running OS 10.2.5. The disk image mounts, and double click on the iTunes4.mpkg. The installer app. opens, and nothing happened. I have waited 15 minutes, and still nothing. I have re-downloaded and still the same problem. Any solutions?

Thank you Birdking

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
It seems weird but did you update your quicktime, mine wouldn't launch at first because I didn't upgrade my quicktime first... :confused:

Anyway, if that failed do the usual repair permissions and see if something got messed up in iTunes 3.

Pismo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2002
NH
You can install iTunes 4 without having Quicktime 6.2 but you'll be presented with a message saying that you won't be able to use the AAC feature in iTunes until Quicktime 6.2 is installed.

As for you problem with installation, have you tried using Software Update? I downloaded it though Apple's website and it was a .dmg file.

wsteineker

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2001
Montgomery, AL
It's not in software update. In fact, I don't see iTunes 4 OR QuickTime 6.2 there.

I'm having trouble with the install, too. I installed QT 6.2 first and that went flawlessly. When I try to install iTunes 4, the installer gets 95% done and just hangs. The aqua bar is still all flowy and whatnot, but it's not moving at_all. The progress indicator says "running installer script". Should I just force quit it and start over?

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
yeah i had this problem, i just rebooted and everything was ok.

iJon

Pismo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2002
NH
I didn't use Software Update to get Quicktime 6.2 and iTunes 4. I just assumed they would be there. Sorry about that.

I installed iTunes 4 first and then Quicktime and everything worked fine for me.

Oh yeah, 100th post:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.