installing memory in 20" i mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by coffey7, Apr 14, 2006.

1. coffey7 macrumors 6502a

coffey7

On the newest model 20" i mac(intel), is it easy to install the memory? I want 1.5-2gb.I really don't want to pay someone to do it. I have replaced parts on my windows machines, but macs are not the same. I just wanted to know before I order my first mac.

2. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

If you've worked on Windows boxes, you will be fine adding memory to an iMac.

3. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

It's very easy, just make sure that when you do this you put something down before the iMac to protect the screen. Also don't use the pull tabs to "push" the memory stick in or it might mess things up bad.
    Check the Apple web page (support) as they had pictures on how to do this but it will show you in the manual anyway. Last enjoy your new Mac :D

4. coffey7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

coffey7

Thanks!I was hoping for an easy install. Thats good, because I'm not paying all that money and then and extra $50-$100 for someone to install.Cool! I won't get much sleep tonight because I can't wait to order my new system.

5. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

Also, the manual outlines in detail memory installation. I have done a few at work and it's easy as... something that is really easy.