installing ONLY iMovie from the install DVD ??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by adamjay, Mar 4, 2005.

1. adamjay macrumors 6502a

adamjay

when i reformatted my pb, i removed imovie, quicken, and a few other apps that i was sure i'd never have use for.

well it looks iMovie may be my best bet for converting .swf files made in Flash 7 (that quicktime wont open) to .mov so that i can use them in the Modul8 Video Mixing application.

but when i insert the install DVD it doesnt give me the option to specify ONLY iMovie. is there any way to do that? dont want to have to sift through and delete all the stuff i don't want again.

thanks!

2. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

There are individual installers on the ilife 04 disk, I can't quite remember how I did it, but it something like show package contents or the installer was an alias & i clicked show original.

If QT wont open the .swf files it unlikely iMovie that imovie will as iMovie is based on QT.

3. adamjay thread starter macrumors 6502a

adamjay

that makes sense. Modul8 is based on QT as well which is why i want to convert these. i can do it in Flash but i have about 450 flash files and its time consuming. what i need is a batch converter.

my PB didn't have an iLife CD. they've bundled OSX and iLife '05 all on one DVD and it looks like its all additional apps or nothing.

thanks anyway! :)