Installing printer drivers for a networked printer...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ckeck, May 24, 2006.

1. ckeck macrumors 6502a

ckeck

Would appreciate any help here...

I have a HP OfficeJet 6210xi printer hooked up to my Windows box and it is shared on the network. I can go to my System Prefs and find the printer and have it connect, but my drivers for this model (or any close) are not in the list.

I downloaded three different installers from HP for Mac drivers and I installed all three driver packages, but its still not in the list. Did the installer place the actual driver files in a folder somewhere? And if so, where?

Any other ideas?? Thanks!

2. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

Library >> Printers >> HP >> your printer model :)

also, to verify installation: Library >> Receipts look for an HP file that ends with .pkg

3. ckeck thread starter macrumors 6502a

ckeck

Thanks, I checked in that directory, but it didn't install any drivers there. The HP setup assistant keeps starting up and asking me to choose the printer, but I can't because its networked through another computer. I assume that would set it up for me, but since I can't choose it through the HP app, I'm stuck.

Any temp directories where the driver file might be stored, because I can choose it specifically if I can find the file...

4. frankblundt macrumors 65816

frankblundt

Have you tried connecting the printer directly to the mac and installing the drivers? (hope its a USB not parallel printer), then put it back where it was and set it up as a network printer but using the installed drivers. (I had a Brother with the same issues)