Installing RAM into Powermac G5

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by NSiebenmor, Jun 21, 2005.

1. NSiebenmor macrumors member

I am a newbie who needs help installing ram into a powermac G5. Does anyone know any links I can go to that show pictures with instructions. I'm sure it's easy but this is my first computer and mac. thanks for any help

Nick

2. powerboy macrumors regular

3. arogge macrumors 65816

arogge

4. simie macrumors 6502a

simie

5. sparky76 macrumors regular

I have done the upgrade myself, and it really is very, very easy. Just be careful to touch a radiator or otherwise ground yourself before touching the RAM. Good luck.

6. iWillard macrumors regular

iWillard

And don't touch the RAM on the gold connectors! Handle it only by the sides! :)

7. NSiebenmor thread starter macrumors member

Problem! I installed the ram and now when I turn it on there is no input on the monitor. The power button just blinks. I took my crucial ram out and put everything back how it originally was and it still won't show any input. Anyone know what's going on?

Nick

8. davizod macrumors newbie

make sure the ram sticks are inserted are the way in when i upgraded mine, my original sticks didn't show up until i took them out and reinstalled them, and made sure the sticks were all the way in. It takes a little bit of force to get them in all the way.

9. Moof1904 macrumors 65816

I had to push very hard to get my PowerMac G5's RAM DIMMS to seat properly. I had a bad DIMM and diagnosing the problem took so many insert/remove cycles that my thumb hurt for days.