Installing Samsung Laser Printer

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by cervaro, Jan 19, 2007.

1. cervaro macrumors regular

I've attached my old Samsung ML-2550 laser printer to my iMac via USB, and whilst it's recognised straight away, I cannot print correctly. The system sets it up as a Postscript printer, but when trying to print, all I get are pages of complete gibberish! Tried finding an alternative driver on the Samsung website, but can't get it to install!

Can anyone be of help please?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

The Samsung ML-2550 is indeed a PostScript printer. It sounds like you have improper communication between your computer and printer while the print job was being sent to the printer. Are you sure that you have selected the Samsung in the File/Print dialog box printer pop-up menu?

3. Dr. Bombay macrumors member

I had the same problem with my Samsung 2251N printer. Using the PS driver, it ends up printing page after page of garbage.

I went to Samsung's website and picked up the driver for the ML-2010 or the 2151N (can't remember which one it was) - this is a non-PS driver and it now works for me.

Try out the drivers for the above two printers and it should do the job for you.

I'll update this thread once I go home and check the exact driver I used.

4. cervaro thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for all the comments thus far. Will try hunting out those other drivers when I next get the chance (having to use my old Toshiba laptop at the moment!).

5. cervaro thread starter macrumors regular

Tried both the ML-2010 & ML-2251N drivers, and was still getting the same gibberish coming out of the printer. Deleted the entry for the 2550 each time, installed the drivers and added the printer, but no joy :( Think I'll try adding my HP 8250 inkjet first just to get a printer working, and attach the 2550 back to the Dell PC upstairs which I know it works with.

6. Dr. Bombay macrumors member

My mistake - I used the ML-2150 driver for my 2251N. You may want to try that one.