Installing Sony Cybershot USB Driver on OS X ??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by youngestchild, Mar 14, 2005.

1. youngestchild macrumors regular

Feb 22, 2005
    ah! i'm trying to install the USB driver that came with my Sony cybershot DSC-P71 camera on to my G4 ibook running OS X but it keeps coming up with an error: "classic cannot find a Mac OS 9 system folder on the startup disk to use - you may need to install mac os 9.1 or later on yr computer. to select a system folder on another volume click Open Classic Preferences' but when i do this i can't select anything!

anyone had this problem or know how i can get arround it? :confused:
  2. stevep macrumors 6502a

Oct 13, 2004
    If you're running OS X you don't need a driver for OS 9.
    Have you tried just plugging the camera into your iBook? I think if you do that then iPhoto will just fire up - just follow your nose and you should be watching a slide show, set to music, within a few minutes.
  3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    stevep's right, you don't need any drivers under OS X. We had a cybershot, and that connects fine to your iBook. You get images off your camera by using Image Capture (in that program theres a couple of setting telling your iBook what to do when you connect a camera) or just use the import function in iPhoto.