Installing Tiger

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mykg4orce, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mykg4orce macrumors newbie

I have four install dmg files for mac os x tiger. They are labelled Disc 1 through 4. about 2gbs in total. I have these files on my PC. I have burned so many different copies of them but none of them boot on start up. The install app opens fine in mac os x (10.2.8) but when the dialogue asks me to restart...well it just reboots into os x again....

I have burned the first cd (Disc 1) with different programs and by using different methods but no luck.

I am wondering is this installation suppose to be compiled into a dvd? before I can burn it??

2. macmanmatty macrumors regular

I have calculated my velocity so precisely that a
    DMg's are disk Images which can't boot at start up. Also you can't install tiger on a pc you need a mac to do that.

3. SLCentral macrumors regular

4. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....hmmmm....something tells me you are not doing anything legitimate here....and asking for help with pirating is against forum rules......oh yeah!

5. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

:sigh: Is it just three things, or am I too simplistic?
    1-out right, unashamed piracy?
    2-innocent, novice (piracy)?
    3-unshamed piracy and preconcieved notion that the whole of the MS Community is naive?
    x

6. mykg4orce thread starter macrumors newbie

First of all...I am not installing mac os on a pc.....If you read my post in the first place you would read, "The install app opens fine in mac os x (10.2.8) but when the dialogue asks me to restart...well it just reboots into os x again" So exactly how could I boot into os x if according to you I am installing it on a pc? lol

Secondly this question doesnt have to do with piracy, it has to do with how to properly burn a mac os disc image on a pc so that it is usable on a mac.

And no I did not burn the .dmg file directly to a cd. I used different programs to open the image file on the pc and then burned it so that it opens up fine in mac os. But when I click "Install Mac OS X" it pops up a dialogue box that has the "Restart" button on it. Well when I click this button it reboots the system...with no affect.

Thank you.

7. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

The point is, if you weren't pirating Tiger you'd actually have the dvd, and not just the dmg files. We're not going to help you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.