Installing/Uninstalling VirtualBox

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SteinMaster, Nov 23, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502

Feb 28, 2009
    I installed VirtualBox to try it and then uninstalled it. I then installed VMWare Fusion 3.0. Does anyone know any issues I will have since I removed a VM and installed a different one. A colleague of mine told me I could have OS/hardware issues since a VM changes system configurations below the software level. I do not seem to be having any issues so far. He advised I should have re-installed my OS after deleting the VirtualBox VM. Please advise if anyone foresees issues. Is there anything I can check to determine if I have issues with my MacBook Pro UNB 2008. Thanks.
  2. macrumors 6502a

Jun 20, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Virtual Machines Host software does not mess with any hardware settings. They emulate those settings in software for the guest OS to use. Your friend seems to be... Uninformed... VirtualBox does not harm your machine what-so-ever. If you ever end up having issues contact the developers at

I've been running VirtualBox for about a year now on my MBP with XP and my iMac (XP and Fedora 11/12). I have not seen any hardware issues or any OS problems.