Installing Vista Without DVD Burner

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rohopish, Oct 9, 2006.

1. rohopish macrumors member

Jan 12, 2006
    Hey everyone,

I REALLY need to install Vista because of a school project which absolutely requires me to use Powerpoint (I kow Keynote is better, IMO). Since it is free, I thought I'd install it with Boot Camp.

Problem is, my MacBook doesn't have a DVD burner and according to Microsoft's instructions, I need to burn it to a DVD. :confused: I don't know what to do!

Is it possible to boot from the .iso file or maybe burn it onto multiple CD's? I hope there is at least one solution because I need this urgently.

Thanks to everyone for your help!

2. Silentwave macrumors 68000

May 26, 2006
    Gainesville, FL
    Don't know the answer to your question, but why not just get office for mac? or at least the trial?
  3. n8236 macrumors 65816

Mar 1, 2006
    Why Vista and not XP to run powerpoin? I'm confused. :confused: Or get Parallels and run Powerpoint there.
  4. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Jul 15, 2006
    well heres what i did...

I had a computer with XP but no DVD player, I extracted the ISO then, opened the setup.exe file it worked like a charm...

Maybe you could adapt a similar procedure.
  5. rohopish thread starter macrumors member

Jan 12, 2006
    Lol, sorry if I didn't emphasize the word FREE in my post. Office costs a fortune, the trial version doesn't posses every feature I require, and Vista would make it much easier to present with my school's ALL WINDOWS environment.

Can anyone please help me out with this? I really need to know how I can get around the whole no-DVD burner. Is booting from the iso viable, or maybe multiple CD's, etc.?

P.S., I'm not running XP at the moment; I don't posses the installation CD.