Installing Win XP MCE 2005 on Mac.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by nyzrox, May 25, 2006.

1. nyzrox macrumors member

May 24, 2006
    Installing Windows XP MCE 2005 without a External CD/DVD Drive is rather easy to do, i have seen this following guid on the site for doing this task.

I dont know if someone has already posted on how to do this but what the hell, you can pin it incase needed for future refrence.

For this your going to need, You Intel Mac, a USB Pen 512MB will be fine!

1. Plug in your USB pen and CD2 of MCE 2005.
    2. Open the CD up so you cans ee the folders, copy all these onto the USB Pen.
    3. Start installing Windows MCE as if it were a normal XP install
    4. It wont ask for CD2, IF It does - Direct it to E:\
    5. Let the install finish-- and you will boot to Media Center!
    6. Install the Macintosh Drivers CD.

Simple as, i say IF as when i installed MCE on mine it never asked for disk 2 and well all the way threw and i have no problems at all, and im still booting MCE to this day, only thing you will notice if you boot XP without Mac OSX on like i do is the screen stays grey for about 5 secs then goes to XP Splash screen.

Enjoy :eek:
  2. neil.mcdowell macrumors newbie

Jun 29, 2008

Has anyone else tried this method for installing the MCE CD2 content during installation? I don't have an external CD/DVD drive handy so using a flash drive would be perfect. I can find lots of posts about burning both CDs to one DVD but this method is considerably simpler :confused:

Any helpful suggestions?