Installing WoW

Discussion in 'Games' started by Sundance Kid, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Sundance Kid macrumors regular

Sundance Kid

I'm just installing the patch, and its taking FOR EVER. Is it normal for this to take sooo long?

And i don't want to give away credit card numbers. So i can use those WoW cards i can buy from stores?

cheers,
    james

edit: ok, Now i can't play it :( . On the box it said i get a free month of playing, but i don't know how to access it. Also i think i entered the Guest Pass key when it asked for the Key..... oh ****... So what do I do??

2. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

3. Sundance Kid thread starter macrumors regular

Sundance Kid

no didn't, because it requires a credit card number.
    I looked in the booklet, and it says to sign up you need a credit card.... is there any way to get around that? I just want to use my free month

4. Sundance Kid thread starter macrumors regular

Sundance Kid

Guys? any help would be welcome.... i want to play!

5. MacTurtle macrumors member

The only way around the credit card catch is to buy a seperate game card. You basically pay for a month, and blizzard will give you an additional month for purchasing the game.

It's an annoying catch condition in their game. I ran into last year when I started playing. You can buy one of the game cards and use it in place of the credit card if I remember correctly.

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Yeah, something they don't say in their documentation is that you need to pay for a second month before you get your free month :mad:

I don't have a credit card either so I ordered a game card online and got them to email me the number (ie. instant delivery :)) and was up and playing :)

7. MasterX2 macrumors newbie

You need the credit card just for the registration. They won't bill it until the free month is over. Then you have to confirm again.
    But you're right, no free month without paying another or having a credit card.:confused:

8. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

Yea one way around it is to use your Credit card to set up the account then call1-800-59-Blizzard and get them to remove the credit card from your acount. This way you have to use game cards to play. It is what i do...