Installing XP stuck with cd in macbook oh dear

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ninjured, Jun 30, 2006.

1. ninjured macrumors member

Hi guys so i put bootcamp on the macbook, made my drivers cd, rebooted with the xp cd in there and it comes up - starting caldera dr-dos.. then a warning message about something already being enabled and it just sits there on the black screen. And i cant get the cd out either so how do i change the partition which it boots from or something so i can load up os x, as it just will restart with the same thing. cause at this point i got nothing just a nice big paper weight :S. any help be great.

2. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

sit on that power button and reboot while holding the eject cd -

3. ninjured thread starter macrumors member

oh nice the cd is OUT !! now for the boot problem its still looking for a bootable cd ?

4. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

XP doesn't use Caldera so if you are getting that then your XP cd isn't a real XP cd. Probably a warez version with multiple windows on it. You'll need to get a legit cd or at least a straight copy of a legit cd.

5. ninjured thread starter macrumors member

oh i c fun fun, so nothing i can do to boot os x from here ?

6. Billicus macrumors 6502a

Billicus

If you reboot and hold down option while booting you should be presented with an option to select your startup disk.

7. kjwebb macrumors regular

Hold down alt/option while rebooting/starting up the computer until you get two hard drives on screen.

Double click the left one and wait till Mac OS X loads. Then go into Bootcamp and redo the partition so that only Mac OS X has a partition or go into System Preferences -> Startup disc and select the Mac OS X hard drive to startup (depending on if you want to keep the Bootcamp partition).

8. ninjured thread starter macrumors member

awsome your a legend