Instant live concert CDs coming soon?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by vniow, Feb 8, 2003.

1. Noiseboy macrumors regular

Re:Instant live concert CDs coming soon?

This would only be "Kinda cool" if 99% of the monies received was paid to the artist with a further proviso that the artist then has to pay key personell vis-a-vis sound and lighting engineers, a reasonable proportion of that. The videographers fee being paid from the Clearchannel cut.

And that's my 2 cents.

2. krhodus macrumors member

krhodus

that would be sweet especially if the concert really meant something to you (ie. you ask your girlfriend to marry you at the concert). The idea sounds cool, but actually getting it to work would be the hard part.

3. dricci macrumors 6502a

That sounds like a great idea, I just hope the artists get the majority of the profits. This actually seems like a good way to help recover from "piracy" losses, too. However, I wonder if current copyright law would allow me to go pay for the concert CD, and then go download the studio version of the song from the Internet? hmm :confused:

4. ELYXR macrumors regular

If any of you read the last WIRED Magazine front page article (RIP, MIX, BURN... The Fall of the Music Industry), you know how cool of an idea this is. The music industry is completely F*CKED and brilliant ideas like this are few and far between. Even if it is Clear Channel that's capitalizing on it. :rolleyes:

5. menoinjun macrumors 6502a

menoinjun

Phish has released some shows the morning after the concert for download on their website. I don't think you could ever get faster than that because you have to master and mix the show properly, and that just cant happen live.

-Pete

6. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

That's what I was thinking. How good is the mix going to be? Talk about putting pressure on yer audio guys. :eek:

Lethal

7. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

I can't see that being legal, I've got both portishead studio albums, It doesn't mean the live album I got that has tracks from both albums was free because I'd already paid once for the songs. It also doesn't mean I can haggle with a record shop to knock money of a CD because I already bought a single or 2 off the album.

8. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Misicians won't like that too much

I mean, I have a few concerts CD's as many of you should have too, but I know those concerts are re-masterized in studio before they go out. I mean, tons of artist do that and I have video concerts where not every single song was taken at the same arena.

Bands and singers are gonna be videotaped and that will mean more pre-production, is is gonna be just like perform for live tv, more complexity to the production.

9. Noiseboy macrumors regular

10. RandomDeadHead macrumors 6502

I have been doing that for years, but not selling them of course.
    This is what you will need.

1. Ticket to the show
    2. permission to tape
    3. seat in the taper section
    4. one Tascam DA-P1 portable dat recorder
    5. one blank dat tape
    6. Pair of Nak 300 mics
    7. Bag, stand, mini umbrella ( if outside show), cords, etc.

put it all togather, and you have a copy of the show right after the band walks off stage, and for free too.