Instant modern home

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGav, Oct 28, 2003.

1. iGav macrumors G3

love this... considering the incredibly stupid prices of even the smallest property here in the UK at the moment.... If I could find a suitable location, I'd have one...., well maybe 2 actually and bolt them together for abit more space.... :D

http://www.rocioromero.com/lv_home/LV_Home.htm

Money saved... = new 2005 Mustang and an Audi TT.... ;) :D :p

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ah, the Euro-Trailer! Actually pretty cool - and cheap. But I think the land is what would kill you here.

Unless you bought some acreage out in the boonies.....

D :D

3. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

land is the least of your worries... getting connected to services will be the expensive bit... :p

The average house price here, is in the £145k price bracket, if you want anything vaguely nice then you're looking at £225k+, and if you head into a town centre, you're looking at £300-£500k in London...

I know poeple who are buying houses at the moment, at the zenith of the market, borrowing 4x, 5x their salaries, and they're so bullish that it's an 'investment' because of what's happened to prices in the last 5 years, even though history dictates that we always have a housing crash.... as soon as interest rates start to rise, which they'll have to do, and the house prices begin to fall next year, I know so many people who are going to be in the sh*t... BIG TIME!

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Translation: In the future, trailer trash will live better than me. :p

5. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

now that is wild! :D

too bad it couldn't work down there though...

6. cubist macrumors 68020

It's not a trailer, it's a kit for a house for $29K, and it doesn't include everything. You need to build your own foundation, for example, and nothing is included for the interior. I like the styling (art deco-modern) but the material selections are potentially worrisome, and the design could run afoul of local building codes.