insted of the taskbar?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jplg842, Feb 17, 2007.

1. jplg842 macrumors regular

Jan 11, 2007
    Hi. long time pc user, just want to switch to mac.
    i have a question. what replaces the taskbar in os x? if i have 5 safari windows opened, how can i navigate between them? is expose the only choice?

Thank you
  2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    expose is one option... command+` will cycle through them though.

but your best bet is tabs in safari. ;)
  3. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

Feb 12, 2005
    Caracas, Venezuela
    Excellent advice :)
  4. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

Apr 27, 2006
    You can also "right click" (control click if you find yourself using a one button mouse) on the Safari icon in the Dock. From there you will be able to see all open Safari windows. This works for other applications where you can have multiple windows too.
  5. Pili macrumors regular

Nov 1, 2005
    Orlando/Miami, FL
    There is also a small 3rd party app called "witch" that gives you a list of open windows when you hit the command + ` hot key. I find it very useful.

You can also use Expose to show all open windows via a hotkey or hot corner. I find that better for example when im working with multiple images in photoshop.
  6. PkennethV macrumors 6502a

Aug 16, 2006
    you probably wouldn't use this if you're just using safari, but you can also command M to minimize (or click the yellow orb in the upper left of the window). Just thought I'd point that out...
  7. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

Aug 15, 2006
    Tabs in safari is by FAR the easiest, though exposé is very nice, i use a hotcorner and it is almost second nature now.