Int chief's bombshell: 'We were overruled on dossier'

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by diamond geezer, Feb 3, 2004.

1. diamond geezer macrumors regular

link

If Truth was hard currency, the "Coalition of the Willing" would be bankrupt.

As it is though, they are all filthy rich.

2. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

If this revelation is true I don't know how the Hutton inquiry makes any sense at all. Also did you see this piece of nonsense from Blair?

BBC

Is he now trying to hide behind a claim of his own incompetence?

3. toontra macrumors 6502

I thinks that's what a lot of people are saying! Having read the evidence, especially that of Jones, they simply can't understand Hutton's conclusions - it's like 2 + 2 making 5.

On the 45 minute claim, Hoon was interviewed on BBC Radio 4 this morning saying that, at the time of the September dossier, this wasn't a matter of "public controversy". Er, I think that if the public had known (or even suspected) at the time they had been misled about this threat then there would have been massive public controversy, but even the most cynical person would have doubted that "intelligence" could have been intentionally manipulated to mislead in this way!

4. kettle macrumors 65816

kettle

just let him define his position a little more clearly and then the "others" will have the chance to make good use of what they also know.

As an opposition, those being of other camps than "New Labour", these groups of people have been quietly collecting enough sticks and stones to chase out the most hardened of rats.

New Labour came in on a raft of two parties thunder. Quietly those parties will return for their own.:)

The bonus is now the MOD has an IOU with Tony's name on plus the media have been burnt by the ones they love most.