Intel Based Powerbook... when exactly?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by iBunny, Oct 14, 2005.

1. iBunny macrumors 65816

Apr 15, 2004
    Just trying to see what my options are for how long I should wait. I really dont need a new Machine, but I want one. I started with an iBook, then it was all down hill from there. iPods, Accessories... a G5 iMac... I just keep wanting apple stuff :) sigh. So i am going to use my iBook as a portable machine for along time, but wondering about the new intel based Powerbooks... i know there is no set date, but is it Spring next year? or summer? I want to give my iBook to my significant other, but need to know if I should just buy her one for christmas... she always uses mine.. so just curious.

I looked around briefly but only say that next year was the target, and this article was dated in july, so just wondering if anything else has been announced.
  2. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

Sep 2, 2004
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Well There is a "Pro" Event Schedueled for Wednesday in New York City... Wishful thinking on my part that Rev A. of the Intel PB's will be announced, then maybe Rev B. at MacWorld Paris Next Year.
  3. iBunny thread starter macrumors 65816

Apr 15, 2004
    Do you think that it could really be this soon? Even an announcement on when they will surface for sure
  4. p0intblank macrumors 68030

Sep 20, 2005
    New Jersey
    It's way too soon. This new PowerBook will still be a very nice system though, judging from the rumored specs of HD displays, larger hard drives and dual-layer Super Drives.

I say wait until next Wednesday to see what happens and go on from there. Most likely the systems I described above will be unveiled. After that, however, you can expact Intel 'Books. This is probably the last PowerPC PowerBook you'll be seeing. It's kind of sad to think about, but change is good in this situation. :)
  5. airkarol macrumors 6502

Nov 12, 2005
  6. Daedalus256 macrumors 6502

Nov 7, 2005
    Pittsburgh, PA
    A lot of people are saying 6 or 7 months. I'm kind if sad that the PowerPC reign is ending. I think it's going to take away part of Mac's charm.