Intel Chicken VNC etc. . .

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mistermaker, Dec 29, 2006.

1. mistermaker macrumors newbie

Hello people, i was having problems with chicken VNC but i got the connection thing sorted but i just had a really interesting thing happen and i could really do with some help.

Firstly, i am running a G5 iMac (non intel) and a Macbook (intel) i just wanted remote access from around the house if needed. anyway......

I just got the things to finally connect, i first connected to the Macbook from the imac with no problem all was good and running well.

Then i tried form the Macbook to the Imac and then this really weird thing happened. in the view screen that shows the remote desktop another screen of the remote desktop opened inside it, and again and again and again until there was a million boxes of my desktop in each other.

I had to power down because my Macbook stopped responding, i couldn't even force quit the app.

anyone know why it works one way and not the other ?
    I could really use some assistance. . .
    kind regards

mistermaker

2. reflex macrumors 6502a

This sounds like what would happen when you have a VNC connection going both ways at the same time:
    Computer A -> Computer B
    Computer B -> Computer A

3. mistermaker thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah but it only happens one way ? how can i stop it ?

4. mistermaker thread starter macrumors newbie