Intel Chip Ad Annoying?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by pknz, Apr 17, 2006.

1. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

I'm assuming most of you have seen the Intel Chip ad from Apple. For the most part I like the ad, the cleaness of the ad and the jibe's at non-Apple computers.

However, it really annoys me (this may seem sad to you) but in the ad there is a line which states "starting today the intel chip be set free..." The truth is it really that it started in January sometime (if I remember correctly). And hence the ad could truthfully only be used the day the Intel iMac was announced. I wish they put a more universal line in there.

Also, -this won't affect most of you as its probably the NZ version only
    the ad in stretched making the iMac less beautiful
    Apple NZ has tacked on www.apple.co.nz to the iMacs screen and it drops down a pixel.

Enough of my pedantism.

2. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

Eh, a little mess up. I haven't seen it in a long time, stop playing. Yet again I don't watch TV at all, 'cept Sunday from 8PM - 10PM.

It's still telling viewers the point, so who cares...

3. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

"Dutifully performing dull little tasks... and three months ago, it was set free" just doesn't have that ring to it.

4. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

Details, details. Who cares if the actual launch started three months ago? It's still relatively new. I think that's just being nit-picky.

I don't find it annoying, and don't think that one little line really matters much.

5. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Steve Jobs demoed this particular ad the day that he introduced the iMac Core Duo & MacBook Pro.

Not sure if it aired prior to now though. :)

6. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

I thought it was a crap ad when Jobs previewed it, and I still think it's a crap ad today.

The fact that it's a total blatant rip-off of a previous ad is just icing on the cake in regards to its level of craptacular-ness. :)

7. Oryan macrumors 6502a

Oryan

I think you are talking about the Postal Service music video. Apple used the same producers. I doubt Apple intentionally ripped off the video, I suspect it was just the producers cutting corners.

8. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

I've seen it many times, what are you talking about? :confused:

9. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I was saying that I was not sure if the ad had just started to air as of recent. Or if it started to air right after Jobs unveiled the first intel Macs.

Now that I think about it, I did see this ad for the first time on tv two weeks ago.