Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

buryyourbrideau

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2005
Chicago
i think that apple might use the merom and the woodcrest. the merom would go into the books and have slightly different speeds for the different lines,

i think it might be a good idea for apple to use the xeon processor for the powermacs. then people wont bitch about no power.

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
buryyourbrideau said:
i think that apple might use the merom and the woodcrest. the merom would go into the books and have slightly different speeds for the different lines,

i think it might be a good idea for apple to use the xeon processor for the powermacs. then people wont bitch about no power.

Well they have too, the P4 can't be set in Dual config ;)

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
SpaceMagic said:
There are dual core P4 mobile processors in the making too.

Yes...I know about Dual Core, but in the next PM's there should be Dual "Dual Core" and the P4 is not a CPU that can be set-up in a dual config ;)

Windowlicker

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2003
Finland
Whatever the outcome, I just wish Apple stops releasing computers with dated stuff. Especially what comes to graph cards. It's great they upped the iMac to 128, but I think power macs should have 256 as default (except the cheapest model). not the best card there is out there, but anyways..

The greatest wish I have: cheaper hardware, software is already very well priced.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.