Intel iMac doesn't recognise M-audio FW410 as a MIDI interface

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Belovedmike, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Belovedmike macrumors newbie

Hi there, I have a new Intel iMac and have just bought an m-audio Firewire 410 interface. With the beta 7.1 driver they have just released it works great for audio but the Apple audio/MIDI setup does not pickup that it is a MIDI interface aswell so I can't get any MIDI to work. Scanning for a MIDI device does nothing. Just wondering if anyone sle has had a similar problem or can give advice on what to do?
    Thanks

2. philipboyle macrumors newbie

I'm having exactly the same problem, but this is my first Mac so I could be doing something wrong. Audio works like a dream. I'm using the 5.2b7 of Ableton. Anyone have any ideas of confirm this is an issue with M Audio's drivers?

3. -igor macrumors member

i have firewire 410 and a yamaha psr-282 and am having the same problem.

4. GanleyBurger macrumors regular

GanleyBurger

well...

Don't know if this helps...

I had a Firewire 410... and I had OSX 10.4.7 or something. I had to go back to OSX 10.4.6 to get it to work... drivers from M-Audio, etc.

Now, the bad news is that I had to reinstall / Wipe clean the harddrive (loading the boxed OSX 10.4.4 disks). Then I had to go on the Apple site and upgrade to that 10.4.6... not any higher.

I am not saying that this is the ultimate problem, but choosing NOT to upgrade every single update... in terms of OSX itself... is part of the territory.

I may be right... may not be... Best of luck...:eek: