Intel iMac iTunes issue

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by selloutvixen, Feb 6, 2006.

1. selloutvixen macrumors member

selloutvixen

I finally "officially" made the switch to Apple as of Saturday. All of *my* computers have always been windows machines.. I've just been using other peoples' Macs. Now I finally have my own 17" intel iMac. Woo!

I played with Photobooth for about an hour when I got home with it. That program will make even the most modest of people into cam wh*res. FrontRow with the remote is excellent. Really cool. I love this machine. :p

Celebration aside, it seems to REALLY hate my iTunes. There's a wireless network I've tried to connect to, but for some reason, it won't connect. So I have no internet at the moment. A bunch of the songs I imported from my iPod mini still have the DRM, so they need me to sign in to my Apple ID in order to play them. Of course I can't do this at the moment due to no internet. I get the spinning beachball of death for like 10-15 minutes after I start up iTunes. Is there any way to stop iTunes from doing this? Am I better off just removing those songs from my library for the time being?

2. mongoos150 macrumors 6502a

mongoos150

For the time being - yes. Once you have your internet connection up and running, it shouldn't be an issue. Is your network protected w/WPA encryption? It shouldn't be a problem, the AE title bar menu usually is self explanitory in terms of inputting the SSID and encryption password. Good luck ;)

3. selloutvixen thread starter macrumors member

selloutvixen

Nope, the connection isn't encrypted.. it just looks like it's down for whatever reason. It's not my wireless network; it belongs to a neighbor. I was just going to use it to get my apple ID all set. I have access at my house, but the wireless router I have is current MIA. :mad: Thanks!