Intel iMac Keyboard and Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by M. Malone, Mar 31, 2006.

1. M. Malone macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

Mar 11, 2004
    just got my intel iMac, wow, it's really fast (will have a review out soon) but I'm having weird problems with the keyboard and mouse, after leaving it on for a few minutes, or having it go to sleep, they both stop working and I have to disconnect then connect them...why is this happening?

2. designed macrumors 6502

Nov 8, 2005
    It's a common problem with Intel iMacs, the keyboard is faulty and 95% of the cases I've heard have got their keyboards replaced. I should do the "switch" too.

The mouse problem apparently eases if you plug the mouse directly into the iMac instead of the keyboard.
  3. balamw Moderator

Staff Member

Aug 16, 2005
    New England
    I'm not seeing that issue with my 17" Intel iMac, but I am using a Logitech mouse and use both the BT and wired keyboards. The wired one always wakes the iMac up, while the BT kb only works if I was already using it before it went to sleep.

Do you have another mouse and/or kb to try?

I wonder if you might want to try and turn of BT if you aren't using it in case there are any bugaboos out there....

4. M. Malone thread starter macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

Mar 11, 2004
    thanks to both you, I guess I'll just have to see what happens, if it keeps happening, I'll just go get a new keyboard and mouse, I have 3 Apple stores in my area, the farthest one is 15 minutes away...I don't mind exchanging it till I get the right set.

Thanks again
  5. discoforce macrumors 6502a

Jan 27, 2004
    Vermont, USA

3 Apple stores... FARTHEST is 15 minutes! :eek:

I'd be making up excuses to take stuff back. :p