Intel iMac Screen Issues After Display Sleep

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by deebster, May 31, 2006.

1. deebster macrumors 6502

My 2 week old iMac is a lovely machine but it seems to have a few display issues.

If I run Azureus (native Intel build) and the display goes to sleep (which it's set to do after half an hour or so) then when I return there are pinstripe lines all the way down the screen in a wide band exactly equal to the width of the Azureus window. And since this app takes up around 2/3 of the screen width, that's a large chunk of screen looking very bad. It's a bit like looking at the desktop through stripey net curtains (I'll try to post a photo soon).

This effect will gradually fade and disappear within an hour or so of use but all the same I'm not happy that it appears, as you might expect. The weird thing is that it happens with Transmission (another torrent app) too, but no others as far as I can see.

Should I just take it in to my local Mac store, even though I bought it online from the UK refurb store?

2. kewpid macrumors regular

I have also had this problem with my intel iMac. It's a hardware problem covered under warranty, so you should take it in for repairs.