Intel iMac wired keyboard function keys & sleep

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by bertieuk, Jan 26, 2006.

1. bertieuk macrumors newbie

Jan 10, 2006

Got my 20" Intel iMac yesterday with 256Mb graphics upgrade, wired keyboard & mouse.

If I put the iMac to sleep (Apple .. Sleep), when I wake it up the volume keys and eject key above the number pad don't work unless I unplug the usb connection and connect again. The normal letters work ok.

Anyone else have this problem? Or able to test and see if it's just mine?

Many thanks

2. thestaton macrumors 6502

Jan 19, 2006
    I've had my core duo iMac for exactly one week now and i'm not having this problem...
  3. bertieuk thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 10, 2006
    Spent last few hours testing various things to see what was stopping the keys working.

Now seems to be able to Sleep & wake and still work, so thought might be something else. Tried different USB ports, loading / closing apps I'd been using, keys still work :confused:

So left imac and went downstairs to make butty for lunch, came back and imac screen had 'dimmed'. Moved mouse to bring back bright screen, NO VOL keys

So something is turning them off during energy save or after a period of time such that they stop working. AARRGGHH :confused: :confused:

Then during typing this, all the letter keys stopped working, vol keys fine.

Duff keyboard ??? Think I'll have to call Apple.