Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spazz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
This is my plan:

Install Media Centre on my iMac Core Duo so I can stream eps of Prison Break etc to my soon-to-be-bought Xbox 360 (and before anyone says it - you can't do this with Connect360 :p)

Has anyone had any success with this? Most importantly, would it work? Can I just install MCE over the top of XP? Will it reformat my hard drive? Any answers to these questions would be much appreciated :)

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Yeh media centre part of xp is only a few small applictions so it shouldnt be too much of a problem ( i think )

Others have installed it on their mac's without issue so you should be grand.

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
i'd just hook the imac up to the tv with a long DVI/vga cable (assumeing it's a HD TV)

useing the 360 to play media is a pain in the ass, tbh i'd rather just burn a dvd than do it.

quicksilver77

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2005
Nova Scotia, Canada
I stream Media to my 360 all the time. Media center should not be a problem to install. I had no problem doing it. You can use Transcode 360 to stream divx plus other video files to the 360 on the fly and it works great. I actually have been streaming prison Break, The Unit, and Scrubs to my 42" HDTV through media center to my 360 and the quality is fairly good. Just go for it you won't be dissapointed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.