intel mac laptop

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by matthunter3, Apr 6, 2006.

1. matthunter3 macrumors newbie

well i recently posted about that macbook pro on ebay and have decided its a scam and dont want to lose 400 pounds.
    but, i still want to convert and am wondering how much it would cost for an intel ibook when they are released.

2. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

nobody knows. but it will probably be about $999 or $1099 US, like the current ibook.

3. gman71882 macrumors 6502

gman71882

The way it seems now, is that Apple is waiting for Price cuts on the Intel Chips, which will happen in JUNE
    Hopefully if THAT REPORT is accurate then Intel will lower prices and the
    *NEW* Ibook's MIGHT start out around $899 US or less :eek:
    - Would be nice!!!

4. esaleris macrumors 6502

Pricing is often not about the price of the components; it's about tapping into the correct target market to maximize profit (well, technically, the term is revenue maximization). So I would expect that no matter what price the chips are at, Apple is still looking at $999 or higher.

If, in the off chance that it is $899, be well-prepared for an integrated Intel graphics system in that shiny new iBook (MacBook). Apple wants/needs to segment those who just need a computer, and those that need a graphics card - power users. Even though a lower-end Radeon Mobility might be only $125 to put in a system, but you can bet your horses that Apple would try to segment the target market with a wedge of $300 or more - $899 MacBooks vs. $1200 MacBook Pros.

5. matthunter3 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the info any more speculation on ibooks woul be appreciated

6. shrhaider macrumors member

shrhaider

also want to buy an intel ibook

I have been a PC user for a long time and I really want to make the switch with a Mac portable. can't afford the MBP so waiting on the intel ibook. it can't come fast enough. my question is, will the ibooks support a secondary display, like with the lid closed as the MBP does? I want the laptop for portability but a 13" screen sounds small for watching movies. anyone know the answer to this? thanks much.