Intel MacMini with OSX Server and Front Row

Discussion in 'macOS' started by nordmats, Sep 25, 2006.

1. nordmats macrumors newbie

How do I get frontrow to install on my new macmini with osx server on it?

Please help.

2. pjo macrumors regular

I haven't tried this myself (don't run OS X server), but you could try the enabler (andrewescobar.com)

3. Apple2Mac macrumors regular

Apple2Mac

You can just copy all the front row files from a working 10.4 Intel client to the proper directory in OS X server... just do a search for frontrow

Why are you running both Server and front row on a mini.....

4. nordmats thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm using my mini as an mamp server and a media center.

Will try to copy from an another machine.
    Enabler doesn't work on Intel.

5. ddekker macrumors regular

server

well, I have played with OS X server for sometime but I'm no expert, I found that even using server instead of just their desktop OS I still end up and a command prompt to configure things, so my choice would be run the standard OS X it comes with apache installed, you can easy install anything needed for a MAMP server. I find I administer MySQL from phpmyadmin so no difference from server to desktop, the apache running on server is the same one that runs on desktop, install what ever PHP package you like (I run PHP5). From setting up OS X server and learning the command line a little I have now set up a few LAMP servers being as the command line is simular to Linux prompt..

thanks...

DD

6. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

I actually just ran across this. In the install script, I had to edit a line to get the script to ignore the fact that I do not have an IR receiver and I think right below that, it checks to make sure you arent running OSX Server. It was around line 39 for the IR entry. Another problem is that it will look for a prior installation of frontrow.

I agree with the other guy. Id just run the normal OSX unless you can figure out how to edit the script to ignore all that other jazz.

Either way, good luck!

PS.. I had to mess with it to get FronRow working on my G3 350 Mghz and now Im struggling with inverted text because my old video card doesnt support Core Image. Looks like a good reason to finally upgrade the old beast. :D

7. boy412 macrumors newbie

I just put in my install disc and ran the installer for FrontRow. I tried copying the various files and directories from an Intel machine but that did not work. Running the installer from the MacMini restore discs worked great!

boy412