Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

john789

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2007
Portland, OR
Awwwww

ohhhh Grrrrrrrrrr i hate faulty information!!!!. Thats it, i already made up my mind to get a god damn Apple Mac next year after macworld.....if no updates to thr macbook come by then, then i'll just have to stick with microsoft......grrr apple.

Hmm...

*busts out his Magical Cell Phone +15 to Charisma*

[dials super-secret number]

[rings... rings...]

STEVE JOBS: Hello?

MIKE: Hey, Steve, this is Mike The C.

STEVE: Mike the... who? Oh, right, Mike. Yeah, how's it going?

MIKE: Oh fine, fine. Say, look, I'm just chatting here with some of the nice folks here at MacRumors.com, and...

STEVE: Tell all those folks I said "hi".

MIKE: Oh, right, sure will, Steve. They'll be glad to hear from you.

STEVE: So, what can I do for you, Mike?

MIKE: Well, you see, it's like this... Several people here are getting kind of anxious, what with Asustech having issues keeping up with demand and all...

STEVE: Yeah, it's really [laughs]... It's one of those things, you know? Growing pains, basically.

MIKE: Sure, I'm certain it is. But you see, Zadillo and Eidorian have been a bit worried...

STEVE: I'll bet. Not too bad, I hope...

MIKE: Well, they're not quite taking up arms yet, but...

STEVE: That's good.

MIKE: Right. But they are concerned about the battery life, and some other, well... kind of slipping in product quality and all.

STEVE: Oh, I know. I mean, my latest MacBook Pro's battery life's kinda gone down too...

MIKE: Sure. And then there's Arn, and some of thing's he's been worrying about lately...

STEVE: Ooh, Arn. The great and magic Arn. [starts chanting in tongues, no less] I hope he's not mad. I mean, the way he handled O'Reilly that time...

MIKE: Sure.

STEVE: Wouldn't want to get on his bad side. Anything I can do.

MIKE: Well, some of the guys on the board are whispering they think you should look at Sun Chips. They think they're really the thing, y'know?

STEVE: Oh, I love Sun Chips. Did you know they're coming out with a new one in Q1 of '08?

MIKE: No! Really?

STEVE: Yeah, and it'll have something like [muffled conversation] Sorry, just talking to John St. Ives. He says they're anticipating at least double the capacity of...

MIKE: Oh, that sounds fantastic!

STEVE: Yeah, it is. It really is. I think we're going to consider another fall-back CPU platform. I mean, now don't tell any of the guys this...

MIKE: Of course not. [crosses fingers]

STEVE: We should be testing them out pretty soon here. Get 'em all nice 'n warm 'n toasty.

MIKE: Sounds great. Hey, Steve, this is all good news. I don't mean to rush or anything, but I've gotta get back to MacRumors.com and let 'em know not to worry.

STEVE: Ok. Hey, let me know if you can find any beta testers for our new iMacs.

MIKE: Sure. Later, Steve.

STEVE: See ya, Mike. [click]

Zuwxiv

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2007
MikeTheC: iLove.

MacBooks on the 6th or 13th. Come on Apple, I originally waited for a month for my new laptop. And then Leopard was delayed. And then I waited all through that, even picked up an iPhone. You updated it, people hacked it, you updated it again, people hacked it again, Leopard finally arrived, and now...

iWait.

Loudwater

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2007
Vancouver, BC
"faulty information" ... I HATE IT!!!
Was there this kind of rumours usually before a hardware upgrade? Or is this one kinda particular? I didn't pay this much attention before, but this time I AM buying one. So I wonder if this is another faulty information. I may want to set my deadline as Nov 6. If nothing happens, I should head out and just GET one. Soooooooooo frustrating... :mad:

Wanderer509

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2007
Was there this kind of rumours usually before a hardware upgrade? Or is this one kinda particular? I didn't pay this much attention before, but this time I AM buying one. So I wonder if this is another faulty information. I may want to set my deadline as Nov 6. If nothing happens, I should head out and just GET one. Soooooooooo frustrating... :mad:

i think its ok to be disappointed by rumors that dont come true, but keep in mind, its a rumor. i am personally disappointed too cuz i really want to get a new macbook, but things dont always turn out the way it is? one thing we know for sure, new macbooks are coming soon, just dont know when. If u are really that inclined to setting up a deadline, no one will stop u. but if it comes out the week after your deadline, u only have yourself to blame. sites like this to me serves as a guideline to when should i buy, but they don't have to be absolutely true :) thats my opinion anyways :rolleyes:

xpisnotforme

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2007
I like ASUS. If apple ever let 3rd party vendors sell OS X, I would buy an ASUS (after apple). They had a thinner version of a 13.3inch laptop before the mac book and had an integrated camera. They bring prices down and stick to leaving everything OEM. No added DELL or HP BIOS crap.

Anyways, if anyone call meet supplies it will be intel.

I had a sexy white w7J if that's what you are referring to, but it was thicker but less wide than my current macbook 13.3 with integrated graphics in white, yum yum. And the screen was 100% more vivid than my macbook.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/8861/66d11jpgvd2.jpg

Asus is one of the few that adds integrated non-trialware functionality apps and they are totally second to apple while being ahead of every other AOL-infested sleazesalesman

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
They're not going to release new hardware within 3 weeks of Leopard. The return rate would kill them. Give Leopard a week to satisfy the early adopters and 14 days to pass the exchange policy, then they're clear to release new hardware.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
They're not going to release new hardware within 3 weeks of Leopard. The return rate would kill them. Give Leopard a week to satisfy the early adopters and 14 days to pass the exchange policy, then they're clear to release new hardware.
They did when Tiger was launched.

tuc

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2003
Was there this kind of rumours usually before a hardware upgrade? Or is this one kinda particular? I didn't pay this much attention before

There are exactly this kind of rumors pretty much every time.

OfFx1

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2007
Posted this in another thread but thought it may be interesting. best buy seems to have all macbooks back ordered. Estimated arrival time is 11/14 - 11/28/2007. Could this be of any relevance?

iChester

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2007
ohhhh Grrrrrrrrrr i hate faulty information!!!!. Thats it, i already made up my mind to get a god damn Apple Mac next year after macworld.....if no updates to thr macbook come by then, then i'll just have to stick with microsoft......grrr apple.

Look at your sig, leopard's already available, isn't it? Buy a MacBook now!

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Well I for one "LOVE" their, in your words, so called wacky form factor! If I wanted a PC and a thousand wires I would of bought one. I hope Apple always continues your so called wacky form factor.

I think their iMacs, MacBooks and MacBook Pros are classsy and not the usual garbage out there. It's Great to see the effort they put into their designs. :p

I'm glad you like their style. I'm sure they will continue that. I'd just like an option for those of us who are more in need of substance.

And going to a desktop CPU wouldn't necessarily add more wires. Another headless option would only add two wires. And for people who need things like second drives (like anyone running Time Machine), apple's current form factors require adding more wires, while a more expandable machine would be able to add it internally (less wires).

TomMac9998

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2007
Wales
MacBook Updates?

When the new MacBook's finally arrive, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see that all MacBooks are black, or possibly aluminum.
Apple seem to be getting rid of their white products (eg iMac, iPod), and replacing with, in the case of the iMac, aluminum.
An aluminum enclosure would be great, but I can see the prices of MacBooks going up if this is the case. However, the chances of aluminum MacBooks are rare I think, as the MacBook is pretty much a student edition of the MacBook Pro.
I'm expecting all black MacBooks, with increased processor speeds, and possibly higher RAM and hard drive capacity for the most expensive model.
Any thought on this?
Comments are appreciated!
Thanks.
:apple:

yoshinatsu

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2007
Downtown Jigoku
Posted this in another thread but thought it may be interesting. best buy seems to have all macbooks back ordered. Estimated arrival time is 11/14 - 11/28/2007. Could this be of any relevance?

:eek::eek::eek:
JUST... Just tell me you're joking.....:eek::eek::eek:
This is it guys, it's OVER, the new MacBook line will be announced November 6 (and released on November 13-28) or more likely November 13, and of course they will be available for purchase in the time of the announcement, just like they did with iMac, iLife 08 etc.....
That's why I believe the shipping date was pushed back.:D:D:D
:apple::apple::apple:

dcinzona

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2007
Low Inventory at Apple Stores?

Hey guys, I'm going to be buying a macbook as soon as the new ones come out...and not until then. I went online and had a chat with a rep online and she told me to make sure I call the Apple store before going to make sure they have inventory...looks like they are running low or replacing the old inventory with the new in prep for the release:

#

LaKeisha: You can use your discount online.
#

LaKeisha: Did you want help locating it?
#

You: I'm aware. But i would rather use it in an apple store
#

You: I know one of the students that work there. He's helped me a lot with my purchases
#

LaKeisha: Okay, You should call them to check inventory.

BAM! the convo kept going but I digressed to avoid buying online.
I wonder if someone could be a little more *sneaky* and perhaps get more hints as to the upcoming release? I also noticed that the Chat function was not on the website yesterday but it's back today...iiiinnnnnteresting.

axual

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2007
Making a switch

Hope to see the Macbook in aluminum so that I can make the big switch.

Farani

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2007
:eek::eek::eek:
JUST... Just tell me you're joking.....:eek::eek::eek:
This is it guys, it's OVER, the new MacBook line will be announced November 6 (and released on November 13-28) or more likely November 13, and of course they will be available for purchase in the time of the announcement, just like they did with iMac, iLife 08 etc.....
That's why I believe the shipping date was pushed back.:D:D:D
:apple::apple::apple:

Do I detect sarcasm?

PS the macbooks aren't backordered when I look at best buy's website. 2 of the 3 macbook pros are though. So are the mac mini's and mac pros.

monster620ie

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2004
MacBook Pro - plz update

My student adc membership is going to expire in few days, and I did not even get my MacBook Pro that i have been waiting for. Should I go for it or not ? :mad: Wish it was the macbook Pro being updated

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
My student adc membership is going to expire in few days, and I did not even get my MacBook Pro that i have been waiting for. Should I go for it or not ? :mad: Wish it was the macbook Pro being updated

The MacBook Pro has already been updated with the new components that people are waiting for in the MacBook.

Nothing new is expected in the MBP line until new Penryn chips, currently expected in January (or so).

So, in 3 months or so you could expect a somewhat better MBP.

As always, my advice is

"If you need it now, buy it. If you can wait, wait.

There will always be something better coming - so don't be paralyzed for fear of your machine becoming obsolete. It will become obsolete - get over it."​

Zadillo

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2005
Baltimore, MD

I don't see a good reason not to get the current MacBook Pro. The only really significant update that could happen for it any time soon would be Penryn chips, but that is not til early next year.

The current MBP already has pretty much the best GPU you can find in the 15" form factor, and the LED-backlit screens.

Is there something about the current MBP that just doesn't fit your needs?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.