Intel Ram -> 1GB for $88

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by livingfortoday, Jan 20, 2007.

1. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Hey, I just grabbed a piece of this RAM, and it works fine in my Mini, so i thought I should give ya'll a heads up:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820150063

It seems RAM for Intel Macs is hard to find at decent prices nowadays, so ya know. If this isn't kosher by forum rules, please delete it, just thought I'd try and help out some MR folks!

2. jmsait19 macrumors 6502

hmmm... i'd need some more testimonials for this. after purchasing a "non-guaranteed" bargain price RAM for my PowerBook, having it fail, then realizing it was my computer's fault, then realizing i couldn't return it i'm a slight bit sketchy. hopefully it continues for a while, bad RAM might take a little bit to rear its ugly, kernel-panicking head (it worked fine for a couple weeks in my PowerBook)...

sorry, not meaning to rain on your parade... how long have you had the RAM installed?

can anyone else testify to the quality of this RAM...

3. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

it's 98 as far as i can see...

4. livingfortoday thread starter macrumors 68030

Ah, I meant with the $10 rebate on it, it's $88. There's a lot of positive reviews on the page from Mac owners, which is why I got it originally, and so far I've had it in for two days and it's been good to me. I've also got another 1GB stick of "non-guaranteed" RAM in my Mini (different brand, though), and it's held up for a few months now just fine. I think now that Apple's moved over to the Intel processors, we'll see a lot less hardware conflicts like with RAM than we did in the past...

5. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

6. TimDaddy macrumors 6502

Versailles, KY (and that's pronounced Vurr-sales)
    Thanks for the link! I hated my mini before I upgraded to 1gb. It's like a brand new machine, now. I'm gonna buy another gig to max it out a.s.a.p.!

7. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Well it's good to hear the prices are dropping again. I still want my $79.99 Patriot though! :D

8. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Me too, I paid $110 for a 1GB near Christmas. Hoping to add another GB when it drops again.

9. imac9556 macrumors 6502a

I am very surprised on how much memory prices have gone up. In 11/24/05, I purchased this memory, that I am currently using in my MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz Notebook for $49.99 after rebates. ($69.99 before) Luckily I bought two of them and got the rebates for a grand total of approx $100.00 for 2GB of memory.
    Now the price for just 1GB is $120 alone, What happened!? I know this memory currently works becauseit works perfectly and no crashes with my New Macbook Core 2 Duo 2ghz computer. The memory I got isn't cheapies either, it uses the Samsung memory chipsets, the same one Apple uses on their standard or build to order computers. Weird on how prices fluctuate.

10. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I got my 1 GB stick for $79.99 back in August. Then the prices just kept going up.