Intel RoadMap Article

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by VanMac, Jun 16, 2005.

1. VanMac macrumors 6502a

VanMac

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Great overview.

Now, if someone can tell me (NOT speculate as to) which of these processors are going into which Macs I would be happy...

3. Rincewind42 macrumors 6502a

Rincewind42

More than likely, chips that don't actually exist yet. But they will run the x86 instruction set (otherwise Apple wouldn't put a P4 in the transition kit).

4. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

wow, impressive line up. no wonder that apple makes the switch. i doubt that the g5 can compete with 3.4 Ghz dual cores in Q1 2006. and it get's only worse for the G5 from there.

i hope apple makes heavy use of the dual cores and the VT. OSX is probably the only OS stable and efficient enough to use this VT thing. that would give OSX the advantage over the windows system it needs to be able to market it.

andi

5. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

You're not wrong - they do look very impressive. And if they're based on Dothan, surely that means they would work fine in a laptop? Even if it adds an extra 50% on top of the Dothans power requirements, it should still mean mighty battery life.... especially if they use the new battery tech (from Toshiba?). I'd love a 3ghz dual core powered PowerBook with a battery life of 6 hours..... oh and a 6800 Go gpu seeing as this is a wishlist :D