Intel specific drivers for third party perhipherals?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ukmaestro, Apr 11, 2006.

1. ukmaestro macrumors newbie

I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem on an intel iMac. I'm having no luck and slowly getting bewildered by the problem! It is a USB ADSL speedtouch 330 modem which is not being detected by the iMac when it is plugged it (after all the neccessary drivers have been installed). I have tried the modem on my iBook G4 machine and on an older G3 iMac and they have both detected the modem no problems.

The only thing I can think of is that this modem (and perhaps other such 3rd party hardware) needs intel specific drivers? Can anyone tell me if this will be the case? Or suggest another idea! :confused:

2. goodmacman macrumors newbie

Your mac is fine it's the modem

Unfortunately the modem driver will not work with an intel mac it is ppc only. I have the same problem with the same modem. I have now bought a wireless router to solve this. If you have another mac you can share your internet connection from there.

3. rufusmcintosh macrumors newbie

Mac osx intel drivers.

I have been having the same problem with the sagem modem. Basically Sagem havn't written the drivers yet for the new mac intel. Apple say you need to go out and buy an internet based modem and that will solve the problem. You might need the isp info from the internet provider.