Intel Stock?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jer446, Dec 24, 2005.

1. jer446 macrumors 6502a

Hello. Im wondering on everyones opinion of now is a good time to buy intel stock due to the switch? Do you guys think this will drive the price of the stock up? Is it a safe stock?? I dont know to much about stocks, and already own apple stock and am looking to make another purchase of something, but apple is just to high now.

2. applekid macrumors 68020

I probably would've bought it before Intel revealed details about Yonah and Mermom and whatever new chips they created. Once the machines with the new chips ship, I think the stock will gain.

However, I own AMD stock, and since my purchase, AMD has performed quite well. I may sell it soon though.

3. derajfast macrumors 6502a

apple becoming a customer of theirs will hardly affect their bottom line at all........i believe apple accounted for about 2% of IBMs chip business, so becoming a customer of intel will not really affect intel all that much.....

you want a good stock, look at whole foods, and united health care.........pixar is also pretty good, but if they have just one flop (which is bound dto happen) that stock will tank

4. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Well, not really even if they have one flop they stock will drop only a fair bit. If it happens a second time they are*doomed. ;) :)

Same deal with Apple and the G4 Cube. ;)

5. derajfast macrumors 6502a

no its different for pixar

apple is a company tht relies on many different revenue streams so they can afford a flop here or there.......did windows millenium edition ruin microsoft? no

pixar is unique because they pour millions upon millions of dollars on a product (movie) that generates around 250 million for themselves (on avg).....i know they sell software and such...but if they have one flop, the company is in very dire straits

i own some shares and when they reported that incredibles sales were just a tad lower then expected tthe stock dropped around 15% that day

they cant afford a flop....period

6. macg4 macrumors 6502a

macg4

7. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Pixar is a ticking time bomb. :eek: :(

8. derajfast macrumors 6502a

no i didnt say that.....just that a company that has like 1 product per year that they expect to gain about 500million profit from it in the ned (sans disney deal) is risky.....they do currently have enough of a bank roll (about 1 bill) to stave off 1 potential flop, but if they do, the stock will plummet

9. jhu macrumors 6502a

jhu

yes, somewhat like mariah carey...

10. silverback66 macrumors regular

I have my intel stock. It's not very active though. Someone needs to poke it with a stick.

11. rikers_mailbox macrumors 6502a

MS is (supposedly) releasing Vista in '06. My experience with Windows users is that rather than upgrading OSs, they buy new machines that come with the new OSs pre-installed. Could this be the stick-poking your looking for?

Does Intel pay a dividend?

12. silverback66 macrumors regular

13. maya macrumors 68040

maya

I am counting my millions already. ;)

Intel stock is risky. I just don't bother. :eek:

14. silverback66 macrumors regular