Intel stuns market with Q4 sales miss

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jan 18, 2006.

1. macrumors bot

[​IMG]

Category: News and Press Releases
    Link: Intel stuns market with Q4 sales miss
    Description:: Despite winning Apple's "massive" computer business, Intel does not appear to be feeling terribly bullish about the year to come.

Posted on MacBytes.com
    Approved by arn

2. macrumors 65816

jholzner

Funny how about a year ago most here would have considered this a positive :p

3. macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

They will EASILY make this up in 2006 abd prob blow their stock out of the water with first half of '06 results.

4. macrumors 68040

plinden

Sometimes I think Windows fans are more obsessed with Apple than Mac fans. There was really no need for this comment, which just makes the writer seem dumb and thoughtless and has nothing at all to do with Intel's earnings last year. I don't know if Intel "frontload" their earnings (i.e. include future earnings announced but not actually earned in a quarter, as opposed to including earnings in the quarter they are actually earned) but I seriously doubt it. In that case there will be no Apple effect until later in the year.

5. macrumors member

Apple's "special" treatment

I recall an article saying how wrong it was that Apple was able to get the new core duo's before other companies. Maybe Apple also got some special pricing on them too, just like they did with their flash drives. This special pricing may have affected the earnings of Intel because Apple would definitely be buying a lot of these processors. Just my thought. I may be wrong.

6. macrumors 6502a

Agreed. NOW is a great time to pick up some Intel stock.

7. macrumors 68040

plinden

Affecting the revenue by $200 million under the expected numbers? I don't think so, not in a quarter where there weren't actually any Intel Macs for sale.

Even if Apple had a $100 discount, that's 2 million cpus.