Intel Unveils NEW Pentium 4 Chips, Trims Prices

Discussion in 'Community' started by Shrek, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Shrek macrumors 65816

Shrek

http://news.com.com/2100-1001-955310.html?tag=fd_top

What does this mean for Apple and AMD? :confused:

2. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

absolutly nothing i assume. apple is just going to play its own game as usual and have amd or someone else bust out with a 5.0 ghz chip for macs when ready.

:D

3. vniow macrumors G4

Apple:

Will get that goddamn G5 out as soon as they can. If it is the IBM Power4-minime, even a 1.5 Ghz will kick a 3Ghz P4 ass. The big selling point there would be 64-bit, not speed. More people are buying into the MHz or GHz myth, look at the recent lawsuit against Intel. While that might not go through, it got quite a bit of attention. Plus G5 looks like a better performer than P4 doesn't it?

AMD:
    Will have to catch up, at least for a little while, since speed sells in the PC world. The Hammer's selling point will also be 64-bit and 32-bit compatibility. Things are going to get interesting in the processor world in the next year.
    :)

4. Biggles macrumors member

optimism is good, but this just puts apple behind even more

5. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

ahh im just screwing around man. its cool.

by the way how would that put apple behind?

6. Biggles macrumors member

intel releases faster chips, and lowers the prices of their older chips.....and this is compared to apple that has yet to release a truly "fast" chip, and their prices are ridiculously high

thats how apple is falling behind

7. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

alright man... (this is wierd)... that i understand but apple wont fall behind if they release a 5.0ghz chip (which they wont...its a joke in case you havent caught it) and keep the price a little the same etc. etc. ...

but this is a just a joke anyways... so i dont even know why im defending a joke here man... ive gone insane i guess.

:D