Interactive Booklets

Discussion in 'iPod' started by sid872, Sep 23, 2006.

1. sid872 macrumors member

I bought my first album off iTunes today and it came with an interactive booklet and after waiting for everything to download I double clicked the booklet but nothing happens. I have Adobe Reader 7.0 and the help files say you should just double click on it and it opens.

Am I doing something wrong?

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Someone has suggested this is a bug in iTunes 7

I have some that used to open but now don't.

3. sid872 thread starter macrumors member

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I downloaded one last week and it worked fine in iTunes 7. A double click popped it up in a new window just fine. Hmmm...

5. Synapple macrumors regular

Oh really? I have about 5 booklets from recent purchases off the iTMS and they all don't work... after a brief look here at the forums, where other members were complaining about this, I just thought it was bug within iTunes and settled on waiting for a fix.
    If you tell me they're indeed working for you it means I have a problem...
    Too bad I'm too tired to look for any sort of solution now :p

Just a question, though: are those booklets pdf files or mov files? A few ones I got off the store last spring were all pdf files, and they still work. The ones I bought recently, instead, are mov files... did they change this for a reason? How are they different than the pdf version?

6. Idioteque macrumors member

7. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Good stuff! I'd heard about Flash no longer being enabled by default but didn't think to connect the problem.

8. Synapple macrumors regular

Thanks a lot Idioteque! It worked great and the problem is solved.
    Too bad the booklets I have suck big time, it was prolly better to leave them unplayable :rolleyes:

9. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Oh yeah...I forgot that I haven't yet gotten around to updating this computer with 7.1.3. :eek: I'd also heard about that bug and then promptly forgot about it. I'm such a rube...

I'll definitely keep it in mind whenever I do get around to updating. Thanks!