interactive maps on the internet, can it work on a Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kidA, Sep 27, 2005.

1. kidA macrumors regular

Jul 22, 2002
    is there any way to get a site like this one at the maricopa county assessor's website to work on a mac? this site has interactive maps and it says it requires IE 5. i've only ever used it on my work computer, which is a windows machine and i use IE 6 on there. is there any way at all to get this to work in firefox? or on a mac? i've tried using opera and identifying as IE. i've also tried in IE 5.2 on my mac, and it doesn't have the plug-in. is there any way to do this?
  2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    Nope...sorry, the site uses ActiveX controls, and MSIE is the only program that supports them. If IE/Mac 5.2 doesn't work, nothing else will either. :(

Write them a letter and tell them that they should be ashamed of themselves for using that technology, which is the bane of the internet and has been the vector for innumerable viruses.... :p

EDIT: Natch, you could get VPC and run the latest version of IE for Windows.... but.... yeah.
  3. kidA thread starter macrumors regular

Jul 22, 2002
    thanks, that's what i figured. it's not a big deal really. IE 5.2 doesn't seem to work. it says it needs a plug in and then it asks if i want to go to a website to get it, and it sends me nowhere useful.