Interesting Articles all over the web (only for fanboys)

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by DJTaurus, Oct 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJTaurus, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012

macrumors 6502a

DJTaurus

2. macrumors 65816

LOL - my Lumia 900 has LTE. I think the Lumia 920 is gonna BURN then Nexus 4 bad!

3. TSE
    macrumors 68030

TSE

Really, the Nexus phones are nothing impressive. It's really between the Samsung Galaxy S3, Nokia Lumia 920, and iPhone 5.

4. macrumors 68040

neiltc13

The Nexus 4 is £239 with no contract commitment. iPhone 5 is £529 - more than double the price.

5. macrumors 65816

Double the price and double the fun!

6. TSE
    macrumors 68030

TSE

I should really clarify - I meant nothing impressive for trying to be called a flagship phone. Those three I mentioned are flagship phones. The Nexus isn't.

7. macrumors 68040

tech4all

Just replace Google with Apple and Android with iOS and you got most people here.

Hmmm based on two TV ads I saw about the iPhone 5 this is what they were selling: The fact that it's smaller and thinner. And the fact that it can take panoramic. Hmm my Nexus and digi cam can do that. Not that impressive of a commercial for the iPhone 5.

No wonder why Apple is so rich. People loving throwing money at them.

"Oh this cost twice the price, but it'll be twice the fun!!!!!!!!!!" :D

:rolleyes:

8. macrumors 65816

The average female/teen will buy an iPhone because it's sexy and has all the social games they play with their friends. Men are more 50/50 when it comes to smartphones. I bet most Android users are men.

9. macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

So because they do not flat out bash google and the Nexus 4 for not having LTE the are a defender and worthless....

Your counter example are 2 apple fanboy sites.

The verge pointed out the exact reasons why the nexus 4 does not have LTE namely carriers.

Now lets look at Apple. They do not have the carrier limitation and are not required to deal with them as they already do it so that is a non issue.

Cost try to convence me that LTE is worth doubling the price of the phone. The answer is nope. The nexus 4 is a steal at its current price.

Last the Nexus is what you call a dev phone. It has NEVER had the latest and greatest hardware. Camera tends to suck on it.
    Now I do expect to see a nexus 4 with LTE come with carrier backing. Now the lack of LTE on the Nexus 4 means I have no plans to really get it and upgrade my Galaxy Nexus. THe GN can easily last me another year and I will get the next one.

But really I will go with the fact that you call the verge worthless and Android fan boys because they do not bash the Nexus 4 for the lack of LTE more points to you being an Apple fanboy. Now they would of been all over the lack of LTE if it was $600 but at 350 for 16Gig not as much of an issue. That is near free in carrier contract pricing.

10. macrumors 68040

neiltc13

LTE is a big deal in the USA because the 3G networks are so bad. In other countires the 3G networks are good and 4G isn't so much of a leap. So it's not really a dealbreaker for a phone not to have LTE.

11. macrumors 68030

Supa_Fly

Its not supposed to be a "flagship" phone ... Google never stated that did they? Its an Android "reference" phone. That is why Motorola, Samsung, LG themselves, HTC and many other manufacturers have LTE in their phones.

Apart from that this IS a high-end quality device.
    S4 Pro CPU being quad-core more than likely has 2-3yrs life as the processing increases in future Android updates. I would buy this phone if I had the cash; and will when Key Lime Pie debuts if it really is worth the effort to test (5 times Android has let me down in proper performance: the current ICS/JB versions for current Nexus does NOT include a Note/Memo app of any kind; piece of JUNK!)

Then again by that time I'll be trying RIM's shipping BB10 device to see how it works in reference to the king iPhone.

12. macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Personally I find Gizmodo to be the most hilarious. And every article written by Jesus Diaz makes me wish that English wasn't my first language.

13. macrumors G3

Renzatic

The only thing this thread is telling me is that almost every tech blog out there seems to be run by idiots.

GUYS! LET ME TELL YOU WHY COMPANY A SUCKS, I SHALL DO SO WITH SNARK AND A CONDESCENDING ATTITUDE TOWARDS EVERYTHING THEY DO, WHILE I BAT MY EYES AND MAKE KISSY FACES AT COMPANY B!

DARRRUPPP! GIMME A BILLION HITS!

14. thread starter macrumors 6502a

DJTaurus

15. thread starter macrumors 6502a

DJTaurus

16. macrumors G3

Renzatic

I love it when one company has a vast, controlling stake in a market. It's worked so well for us in the past...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.