Interesting blog, Revolution relayed.

Discussion in 'Games' started by GFLPraxis, May 16, 2005.

1. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

An interesting blog I found. It is EXTREMELY similar to the Aries rumor, just with a few extra details and a few things missing.

He says Nintendo is using HD-DVD, for one. That's a new detail.
    He claims the name will be the Nintendo RS. Hmmm...here's something interesting. rev.ign.com doesn't exist. nr.ign.com doesn't exist. But rs.ign.com WAS loading (though nothing ever actually appeared, the URL seems to exist)!

You'll find nr.ign.com can not be found, but rs.ign.com only times out.

We know IGN has a lot more info than they're telling. I wouldn't be surprised if Matt at IGN knows the name and is preparing a site but is under NDA not to tell. This does imply the name is Nintendo RS, which fits the name mockups...

The one thing I see that may be a contradiction is that controller doesn't seem to be pressure sensitive (doesn't seem like you could squeeze it without hitting the trigger your finger is gripping) like Aries said. But he did say that was a concept and Aries said Nintendo was constantly changing/updating the controllers they were sending developers with the Alpha dev kits.

Although his language is butchered (possibly in jest? or English is his second language?), I'm leaning towards believing him because the information is very believable and agrees with the other rumors. On the other hand he could be a complete fake. Thoughts?

http://onlynintendorevolution.blogspot.com/

2. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Here's something interesting.

What he said was one of Nintendo's concepts but possibly not the final controller...
    [​IMG]

Remember that Nintendo has a patent for a new Punch-Out! game? Imagine these things as the boxing gloves.

3. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

CRAP. I pressed y instead of t on the title, I meant Revolution relaTed. Can a mod edit?

4. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

looks pretty sweet

i think the dual hand controllers would be kinda hard to use though :(

5. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I agree on that. Hopefully it was just a concept like he says. It would seem not to have Aries' rumored pressure sensors.

The rest of what he says is sweet though. HD-DVD for one...

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

this coinsides perfectly with what i've heard about the Rev having extremely basic but very functional controllers. and the logo! SWEET GOD! its pixel-ized which is excellent. i thought that popular mainstream 2D was DEAD on the birth of the 3D chip, but nintendo showing a 2D-like logo is amazing news for me. shows they still have ideas of bringing out 2D things... possibly?

this is only good news. i love it how specs are being completely taken out of Rev hype and they're replacing it with all this innovation :cool: damn im excited

7. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Zelda: Four Swords for GameCube. Fully 2D with 3d effects. This game would be awesome if it had online, the only reason it didn't take off was that most people didn't have a bunch of friends with GBA's to play with and its not as fun without co-op.

Plus Super Smash Bros is always a great 2.5D game :D

Same here :D

8. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

This is interesting...

Anyone notice how he said "Imagine that you can choose and you've the chance to create a world...to choose a world...WHERE YOU'LL be inside..."

Create a world... Frickin' awesome. And the "be inside" tidbit, hmmm, maybe the VR headset isn't so far fetched.

And what in the hell is "THE game".

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that Nintendo will OWN e3 2005.

9. alxths macrumors 6502

Blast it... this has hyped nintendo's system up way too much for me.. Hopefully I won't be let down. :rolleyes:

Very interesting link, regardless. Thanks for sharing it.

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

hah ive basically relayed this guys blog in my own, well its more of a reflection really. but damn... 'Halo killer'? thats smart. the chewing gum on my shoes is already more fun than Halo 2, but 1? hmmm this must be good!

Retro Studios are fast becoming the Rare of the future. Rare died straight after Jet Force Gemini, but Retro with their Metroids and new secret project are carrying on that torch of killer nintendo-only games.

i rang up my girlfriend before just to tell her the good news (she's a recent Nintendo switcher) and thoughts about a Smash Bros Revolution/Link fighting game popped into our wee skulls. imagine, wirelessly connected to other RS's in the house (TV each) in 1st person... with Link... shield in one hand sword in another... fighting... jumping from platform to platform trying to get a hit in...

at about this point i died and my soul fused with Shigsy and i lived happily ever after. :D

11. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

It's also possible that this guy is just repeating the Aries rumor + figured out the rs.ign.com thing. Doesn't mean its not true though :D since Aries was likely telling the truth (IMO).

Rare died when Microsoft bought them and everybody quit. The guys that made TimeSplitters are actually the original Rare crew. Whenever you see the Rare name thats a bunch of Microsoft guys, none of the original people.

Nintendo still gets 'true' Rare games :D

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

i spose its kinda related; but im really hoping for a Goldeneye port for the DS. Rares crowning achievement in portable form. with internet multiplayer of course :cool: