Interesting game for an old iBook?

Discussion in 'Games' started by d_saum, Aug 22, 2005.

1. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

Anyone know of any good interesting games for a 700Mghz G3 iBook? Im not into the whole sorcery spell casting thing and Im not looking for a FPS (thats what I got the xbox for *wink*). And it would be for at work when there's nothing to do. Any recomendations? Thanks!

2. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

Try Lux. It's a computer port of the classic game Risk, but done *very* well, with lots of variants. drunkenbatman can praise it better than I. It's well worth downloading, easily hideable (;)), and not processor heavy.

3. d_saum thread starter macrumors 6502

d_saum

Cool, I will have to check that out! Thanks!

4. telecomm macrumors 65816

telecomm

5. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

There's TONS of great older games. I would recommend all the SCUMM based games. SCUMM is the interpreter engine for the old Lucas Arts adventure games, like Monkey Island, Beneath a Steel Sky, Indiana Jones, etc. www.scummvm.com is where you can get the "emulator" (it's really a new interpreter, not an emulator) and you can download Beneath a Steel Sky free and legal (I think that's correct, someone please tell me if I am wrong... I know one of the SCUMM based games was made public domain and I THINK is BaSS0, the rest you either have to buy used copies of from eBay, etc, or aquire in some other manner.

There is also an interpreter for the Sierra adventure games, the Space/Kings/Police Quest and Liesure Suit Larry games, called Sarien. I can't remember the site for that one off-hand, but the Space Quest games are at least as good if not better than Monkey Island.

If you like strategy games your iBook should run Warcraft 2 and Starcraft without problems, and although I haven't played them others swear by them, the older Civilization games.

Oh, and lastly, StarControl 2 which has been re-released as an OpenSource project called The Ur-Quan Masters is an EXCELLENT game. Extremely open ended game play and very fun story line coupled with a great mix of action, strategy and role playing game style.

Enjoy!