interesting information about apple

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jessi10090, Feb 21, 2006.

1. jessi10090 macrumors newbie

2. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

No its not true.
    1. Mac OS X is updated WAY MORE THEN WINDOWS(the guy seems to think windows gets updated more often.)
    2. Just cuz there are anti viruses for macs doesnt mean we have viruses, symantec just wants to gain money from un suspecting users.
    3.PowerPC is faster then the Pentium 4, so apple didnt lie but the core duo is a new chip so his comparison makes no sense.

3. tag macrumors 6502a

tag

I hate quick put together sites like these.. but this one bugs me the most I think...

I mean come on, yes of course you need a way to close problem applications but it doesn't mean Mac OS has or will crash. Of course with Windows, frequently a forced quited program can easily lead to a crashed Windows OS. Hah I like one of the crashed apps (note apps, the OS hasn't crashed) is Internet Explorer.

When exactly was this article written?

And complaining Mac OS is only compatable with Macs?. Wow impressive.

4. MOFS macrumors 65816

MOFS

The word "biased" doesn't begin to describe that article. :rolleyes: Just reading some of those articles and using just sheer argument skills, you realise the fallcacy of pretty much the entire article. CF usability - "XP runs on 90% computers therefore it is more usable than Mac OS" (1) Macs are compatible with the vast majority of files avaliable and (2) the usability of an OS is generally defined as how easy it is to use. Never believe an OS where you press "Start" to shut down!:p :D

5. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-jessi10090

This is verrrry biased.

After looking through the information presented, I had to come to the conclusion that though facts are used, it is not all of the facts.

An example was the direct hardware price comparo. It isn't even in the same zip code as a head-to-head comparo. Draw the lines. Are there any mentions of the Mac's wireless? What about Bluetooth? What about the fact that the Mac's slot-loaded drive is dual-layer as well?

Not at all balanced. Just looking at the lists shows that the person doing the comparo is very knowledgeable in the PC equipment side of the house, but his use of irrelevant mush tells be that he had to dig quite a bit on that side. This is a poor attempt at 'stacking the deck' in the PC's favor: Deemphasis the facts supporting one side of the issue, and add irrelevant facts to the other. Very old trick.

My favorite?

The line
    ...on the same page that the pc's price comes listed with Software.

Now that's not inherently disingenuous, the fact that the Mac compared to the PC has not one bit of Software mentioned while the PC has 6 mentions, is.

I'd like to suggest that you use this site as a great example to use when studying what not to do in a debate - no more value than that.

6. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Wow, this guy has to be the most thick headed PC user ever, I so want to flame him in the guest book but unfortunately I'm not like that.

7. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

you know how many complete system crashes * i have had on macintoshes in 18 months? one. yes, just ONE. seriously.
    whoever wrote that has a case of anal-cranial inversion.

*needing to force shut down the whole OS

8. StokeLee macrumors 6502

StokeLee

I made one or two comments, all polite i think. Im not a mac fanboy, or a window lover.
    I use my iMac loads more than my XP laptop, at first i flirted back and forth, but as i learned more about OS X and what it can do, the software etc, ive not been on my laptop for 3 months. I keep it incase i need a computer if im on the move. But to be honest, when i can afford it, ill be buying a apple laptop, PPC or Intel. Im easy, just love OS X

9. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

For me that's what was so different between using a Mac and using a Windows box. On Windows, if some app crashed, it likely dragged down the whole darned OS with it. I'd have to completely restart the stupid machine (which was so bogged down w/ spyware and crap that it took a full 15 minutes. I timed it)!

Sure, on occasion, an app will freak out on my Macs (usually MS word-- shocker!) and I'll have to force quit that one app. But the rest of the apps that I'm using?! No problems whatsover. Yup. I <3 Mac OS X.

10. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

11. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Except his hit count has just gone through the roof.

12. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

LOL items from OP link

"The pciture to the right shows the hypocrisy of apple in finally admitting they were making false claims since 1995, by showing that Intel based chips are in fact better and faster than the ones apple used."

"-You can built your own PC, you cannot custom-make a mac. "

"-In order to upgrade a mac, you need to buy rare 'mac compatible' hardware. "

"-Maintaining apples is more expensive: apple technitians are on average 25% more costly."

these pics as follows:

Attached Files:

13. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

[​IMG]

The stupid loser used the picture of the Nano that Ars abused during there test. That right there should tell us he is full of it.

14. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Has this guy been smoking da ganja without me?

Has he even used a Mac before?

15. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

No, but I am. ;)

16. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Although before attacking his spelling, it might have been an idea to spell check your response. :p

17. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

Did Myself's posts get destroyed?

Darn, kinda wish to have seen the comments in context.

18. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Lol. After I pointed out that he used the Nano from the ars review, he removed it. Nice propaganda he has going there. Whenever he gets proven wrong, he just removes that detail. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if all the people who agreed with him are his friends or himself just under a new name.

19. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

I suspect Jessi10090 is trying to drive some traffic to his/her own site, which is rather pathetic and pointless in anycase....

wasteland?

20. d_and_n5000 macrumors 6502a

d_and_n5000

Uhhh...Can I ask what in the world philanthropy has to do with which OS is better? It just shows that either Bill wants to heighten his image, or Steve doesn't care about his.

21. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-d_and_n5000

Good example of "Stacking the Deck".

Sort answer: It doesn't. Totally irrelevant. How can a product (or in this case the company) possibly be judged upon the behavior of its employees?

22. jessi10090 thread starter macrumors newbie

i posted a small comment, but it's gone with the wind. and to someone above, no i'm not trying to get users on my site. i'm just curious why someone would make such website.

23. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

I am trying to decide if this is a parody site. Is the consensus so far that we think the site's owner is really serious?

P.S. My personal favorite quote: "If there were no viruses/malware in MacOS X, why would we have Antivirus suites for MacOS X?"

24. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I don't think it's a parody. But it DOES push a lot of FUD.

I really liked the part about sub-standard hardware and the fact that there were 2 battery recalls. Apparently the person who wrote this site never bothered to check and see that there were 2 battery recalls by Dell in the last 5 years.

http://support.dell.com/support/batteryrecall/index.aspx/i5000/en/main?c=us&l=en&s=gen
    https://www.dellbatteryprogram.com/Default.aspx

OMFG! I'm SHOCKED! :rolleyes:

Whomever wrote pub'd this site is a Fud-tard.

25. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

A windows fanboy stuck in the mid-90s