Interesting MacUser note...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by vtprinz, Apr 3, 2005.

1. vtprinz macrumors 6502

MacUser magazine was supposed to have printed another issue on the 1st, but according to their website have stopped the presses until tuesday to give details on the "biggest product launch of the year so-far"

Tiger? Maybe new PM's (note that the subtitle under "News" for this page says "desktop computers")?

Think it's meaningless?

http://macuser.pcpro.co.uk/

2. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

Hopefully something big. It wouldn't surprise me if they announced something big on Tuesday, because they usually announce on Tuesdays and Tiger is supposedly ready. Hopefully there not just trying to get people to buy their magazine. :rolleyes:

3. aussie_geek macrumors 65816

aussie_geek

Sounds like something's brewing

Funny you say that. I have not yet received my copy of Australian Macworld either...

aussie_geek

4. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

I'd guess it was Tiger. Seeing as all the hype was for a release on friday, and there wasn't any news of a hardware announcement any time soon... But about the announcement being in the desktops section.... that's making me too giddy.

I got my MacConnection catalog yesterday... guess they don't know about this announcement.

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

We will just have to wait and see, after all they did post that on Friday April 1st. Still hope springs eternal.

6. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

This is the most conclusive evidence we've had yet. I'm excited!

Maybe the product is just some really exciting new bands for the iTMS though! :p :eek: :rolleyes:

7. The Past macrumors 6502

Considering it was Fools' Day, I am not entirely convinced. But, what do I know?

8. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

I highly doubt they would hold off on releasing a magazine because it was april fools.... i don't think the average consumer would find that very funny.

9. Balin64 macrumors 6502a

Balin64

Tuesday, Ha?

If they did stop teh presses, I am assuming it is coming this week. Hopefully it is Tiger. I could care less about PM updates. I just purchased a PB within the last month. What is the grace period they allow before they make you pay for the OS again? I want it free, damn it!

10. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

i would bet money on tuesday but then again thats what apple know's we would think ! so how about today monday ?? just to throw lol

hell never know

11. Zaty macrumors 65816

If the delay was really related to Tiger, Apple would probably announce it today. If they wait until tomorrow afternoon/night in Europe, people will know about the big announcement before it was officially announced. That's rather un-Apple-like. However, they used Time magazine (I think) to announce 4G iPods but that wasn't really big news as those 4G iPods were just a minor upgrade. I guess we'll see.

12. crap freakboy macrumors 6502a

crap freakboy

Whoa...Tiger announcement will be nice, but new iMacs would be the icing on the cake. Either way...biggest product announcement this year? New PM's, iMacs, Tiger? Least its something definate.

13. MemphisSoulStew macrumors regular

I got my subscription copy of the 1st April MacUser on Saturday, and they announced...

<... drumroll ...>

Adobe Creative Suite 2

Yep, Adobe CS 2 - no Apple announcements. Sorry to disappoint y'all.

14. Paulo the Limey macrumors newbie

Paulo the Limey

MacUser

Some subscribers have received their issues already, with the front cover announcing Adobe CS 2 and nothing else. The online editor has publicly denied it is/was an April Fools though, and it could just be that the printers and distributors let some early copies slip through the net before the presses were stopped. In my 5 years or more experience reading MacUser, I can't remember them stopping the presses, although I'm open to correction.

15. crap freakboy macrumors 6502a

crap freakboy

Glad I've stopped subcribing then, too any pages devoted to adverts anyway.

bah humbug

16. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

I have zinio US version for May just came out. Nothing special CS2 or Tiger wise... Maybe Aussie version will have a special feature but I dont recall that happening before.

17. dobbin macrumors 6502a

dobbin

Yeah they seem to be making a big deal of it.

From the front cover:

"WORLD EXCLUSIVE REVIEW

Creative Suite 2

All new Photoshop + Illustrator + InDesign + GoLive + Bridge

14 page in-depth report
    Fully tested and rated
    Every new feature explained."

Move along please - these aren't the releases you're looking for.